A45 vs M135i

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Standard A45 0-60 = 4.3 seconds! Bloody hell ! I didnt realise it was that quick??

The M135i is a great price though!

M135i is being timed at 4.4 and 4.5 everytime, but don't think they wanted to print that as it eats into M3 territory too much.

Realistically you are never going to pay £50k for an A45 unless you are completely insane.

The one I specced was low £40k's with 19"s, COMAND, Sport Exhaust and a couple of other things. With the 7% discount that would be high £30k's. However the lease prices are pretty awful, but only as it's a new model. Give it 6-12 months and they will drop like the 135i's have.

But you cannot compare a Golf GTI to an A45 they're a world apart.

No, I wasn't making that comparison at all. The point I was making was for this class a Golf GTi or the A250 AMG Sport would seem a far more sensible purchase, just on 'value' for money alone. If there is discounts to be had on A45's I'm sure that would apply to A250 too.

Guy in my shop this morning was in a new GTi and he paid £44,000 for that!

Cars are getting expensive again, just some of them seem to be very good value, new E Class etc. which makes the hot hatches look even more overpriced.

Guy in my shop this morning was in a new GTi and he paid £44,000 for that!

he must have ticked every option box as base price is about £26k.

He was probably telling porkies anyway.
He said he paid £38k after discount.

He said he ticked full nav, bluetooth, xenons, leather (which was £1800 he said!) adaptive drive or something, and the pano roof.

I think it was a Golf GTi R or something, the top model.

Oh, and DSG gearbox.

Checked out that leading deal and it expired at the end of Dec. they say they have 2 cars left but these are £280p/m and have only metallic paint and business NAV so not even the auto box. Have a test drive of an A45 booked for tomorrow so will be good to compare. In purely cash terms the BMW looks a winner. Good to know people have got 7% discount offered on A45s. I always try for double figures.

I had a CLA for the day, obviously not an A45, but below are some of my thoughts .....

Good…

Car looks OK as long as you like the current MB style, seems to have excellent solid build quality, 3 rear seat belts, fuel efficiency, suspension very compliant on our bad roads, sound system seemed really good.

Not so good ……

Interior not designed for 'old gits' like me.

Price!!!!!! - look what 1yr old MB's you could buy for the price.

Mirror adjustment – either mirror is selected in normal way with switch (light comes on) and adjusted, however the selection is auto turned off (light off) after a short while, meaning a re-selection to further adjust.

Proximity sensors – at least I think that was what made a double beep noise every time I passed a vehicle on the dual carriageway.

Parking Sensors – There is an indicator high in the central dash unit, that shows they are ‘activated’ below 20mph (I think), this means that it goes on and off constantly in town traffic. The car also came with ‘self parking’, perhaps this was why the light came on.

KPH indication – another real irritant, although its also on my CLS and apparently has been on all models for years. Dealer told me it was a UK import requirement!

effbee584-albums-my-mercs-picture7467-park-sensor.jpg

Seating Not Occupied symbol – This came on every time I started up and drove away. Dealer suggested it was telling me that 3 of the remaining four seats were unoccupied!!!! And that if they had been occupied that the seat belts were not fastened.

effbee584-albums-my-mercs-picture7466-3-people.jpg
Mirror reflection – the outer shiny air vent was clearly reflected in left and right mirrors.

Speedo, Tacho, fuel gauges and needles look like something from a kids toy, no design flair at all.

Overall - I did not like the car, was more impressed by the Nissan Note (£11,750) we had as a loan car same week when our Micra was in for service. The ex-demo CLA I had was up for sale at £34,999! Look at the CLS, S or E Class you can buy for that money.

Not driven a BMW equivalent, but I would do so.

Just an update for those interested, I've finally made a decision and ordered an A45 and it's due on 26th of March. Have stayed off the options list is it's expensive as it is and I'm not sure you get your money back on them. Standard car in white with Mirror pack, memory seats, heated seats and Becker Map Pilot. That's it and can't wait already:)

Just an update for those interested, I've finally made a decision and ordered an A45 and it's due on 26th of March.

Keep us posted on what you think once you start owning. I'm particularly interested as you went from c63 to c350 to a45.

Can I just ask, the spoiler on the car pictured above... it's a joke yes? Please say yes!

Just an update for those interested, I've finally made a decision and ordered an A45 and it's due on 26th of March. Have stayed off the options list is it's expensive as it is and I'm not sure you get your money back on them. Standard car in white with Mirror pack, memory seats, heated seats and Becker Map Pilot. That's it and can't wait already:)
Did you get any discount?
Much preferred the A45 than 1 series.

Can I just ask, the spoiler on the car pictured above... it's a joke yes? Please say yes!
Its not a joke! I saw my first A45 on the road last night with that spoiler. Think it could be an option though.

kinaero said:
Did you get any discount? Much preferred the A45 than 1 series.

Yes I got a discount and a good trade in for my car. Was hard work as most dealers don't seem interested and expect you to buy the car at list!!

kinaero said:
Its not a joke! I saw my first A45 on the road last night with that spoiler. Think it could be an option though.

It is an option part of the Aero pack adds carbon fibre mirrors and little winglets on the front and is very expensive. Not my taste though, too boy racer.

The iDrive on the M135i I drove yesterday was lovely. I've had 3 330d's in the past and the reason I got a C63 estate was because there was no M3 estate. I do like the idea of 4wd though and the economy figures for the AMG are impressive.

Alpina B3 Touring.... faster than M3 and C63 too

CLA45 AMG shooting brake will be cool...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom