A5 v cls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
As well as testing a CLS today (one of my all-time fav cars), I also noticed and then tried an Audi A5 Sportback - - a sort of CLS hatch...

Anyone any thoughts on the Audi? It drove great (2.7 tdi) and has the added practicality I'd like after saying good-bye to my S211...

But those CLS looks haunt me.... :D

a5_sportback_223.jpg

Last edited:
The Audi's are looking very bland.. i mean just the new A8 is such a boring bland mix of VW parts.. and the looks are not much better

Has to be the CLS everytime, the Audi looks to much like the rest of the range for me.

CLS or A5?!!I really think that you`re on something :D

True, how could anyone not want this........ :) (must stop taking the pills.. LOL)

2004_mercedes_cls_02_m.jpg

The thing I like about the A7 is the extra length/wheelbase which helps carry that extra rear panel work [a large proportion of which is aluminium I believe?] The A5 COUPE is a good looking purposeful car in the showroom and on the road :cool: whereas the A5 sportback looks like a supermodel that's eaten a little too much Black Forest Gâteau.:eek: The interior is less claustrophobic also with that nice sweeping dash- not so sure about the "C class" popup sat nav screen tho.:crazy:

I drove an A5 sportback, a 2.0TDi manual.

Not a bad car, but ride quality is nowhere near a CLS.

A5 is 'just like any other car'. Or just another Audi.

Bland, anodyne and boring.

Please, no.

An A5 is just a less practical A4 that costs more money.

The CLS is based on the 211 car and is a completely different calibre and class of car. I wouldnt entertain an A5 over a CLS.

You're right guys! Don't know what came over me! My slight (!) dilemna is the need to carry two folding mountain bikes, which best will in the world, won't go in the CLS boot! (one might...) Not keen on a roof mounted rack... :( But, I LOVE the CLS! :D

Does the CLS have the roof mounting points and is it lateral bars that then have to have a separate bike holder fitted? Sorry, I've never seen a CLS with this fitted!!

your needs point to an estate, and the problem with Merc estate cars is ?

the CLS is such a poor package, space wise - far too long for the space it offers.

and drops in value like a brick.

your needs point to an estate, and the problem with Merc estate cars is ?

the CLS is such a poor package, space wise - far too long for the space it offers.

and drops in value like a brick.

Makes a cracking 2nd hand motor though.

CLS500's for about £20k with low miles and from main dealer. A more stylish and fun motor for the money as new as that I do not know.

Thing is I've had an E estate for a long time and really fancy something new, like the CLS.. :) Could always buy a cheap estate for bikes and stuff and running around...hmmm....

And the CLS 320cdi is such a good deal at '07 or thereabouts and set to get even cheaper once the new model is out - hard to say no really... :)

Thing is I've had an E estate for a long time and really fancy something new, like the CLS.. :) Could always buy a cheap estate for bikes and stuff and running around...hmmm....

A good 210 or 124 even. Or a newer humdrum thing like a Yawndeo.

And the CLS 320cdi is such a good deal at '07 or thereabouts and set to get even cheaper once the new model is out - hard to say no really... :)

I know you like it, but the Saab IMHO the weak car in your link. Get rid of that, keep the 211 and have a CLS.

Nice combo that

I know you like it, but the Saab IMHO the weak car in your link. Get rid of that, keep the 211 and have a CLS.

Nice combo that
Shhhhh!!!! My wife would kill you for saying that!!! :eek: She loves Saaby - it has to stay..

Seriously, it's time to move on from the S211 and the CLS would be a serious treat for me (and gets SWMBO's all important approval!!).

I take it the Audi's not liked then! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom