AA are having a laugh!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc180k

Car
C180K Avantgarde SE Sport
Sorry folks but am about to rant - need to let off some steam!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Been an AA customer for the last year with 5 years previously with RAC. Last year breakdown roadside and home start for C-Max came in at £69. Renewal this year...... £93!!!:mad: :mad:

Called to query the £24ish increase and was told that they could reduce to £74 since I called and was a "Valued customer!!" whatever!!!:confused:

Have said that this is a dishonest practice and the renewal should have come out at the lowest price they could do me if I am so valued rather than take a chance at more money should I not question the price.

Needless to say I'll be moving the cover out of principal as don't want to deal with dishonest companies where I can avoid it.:devil:

Anyway - watch out for this if you have cover and it is coming up for renewal.

Any good suggestions for alternate cover??

Cheers,

Simon

don't want to deal with dishonest companies

better put a shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger, it doesnt matter who you are and who you deal with or where you live, people are lyers, I just had a renewal quote from O2 whos bill has been getting steadily higher, when I told them I was leaving because their bills were too high and I could get it cheaper elsewhere they said would I stay if they lowered my bill, I said I would if you did it without asking now goodbye, spoke to a friend about mortgages and he said they same, looks like they are all lying b******s and keeping these sharks form robbing all your money is a full time job!!!!

good shout on keeping an eye on things, these buggers rely too much on brand loyalty and creeping bills up so we dont notice

C-Max, another year older, doesn't that that explain the need for a premium increase. :devil:

This is pretty normal practice for many businesses, I'm sure AA/RAC/whoever all operate in this way, as do almost all other insurers/mortgage providers/banks etc etc.

They need to attract new customers more than they need to retain exisiting ones. A large chunk of people don't have time/energy/knowledge of what's going on etc and simply let the renewals roll ahead.

Works well :)

Will

if your stuck on the side of the road in the winter ect think what a few pounds will buy?

Burger .... cup of tea ?

As the TV advert says, low rates are advertised to "hoick" you in, if you stay year after year, you have to pay for the "bubbly & biccies" at the shareholders meeting.

Russ

But the original rate doesn't seem that competative anyway, and £93 is silly. Our AA family, personal membership is £160ish but that includes relay, and covers 4 drivers, any vehicles (including as passengers).

Had exactly the same treatment with my renewal. Quite a large difference.

As the TV advert says, low rates are advertised to "hoick" you in, if you stay year after year, you have to pay for the "bubbly & biccies" at the shareholders meeting.

Russ

If you have been with the AA long enough its possible that you are a share holder. When Centrica took over they gave AA members shares.

Sorry folks but am about to rant - need to let off some steam!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Been an AA customer for the last year with 5 years previously with RAC. Last year breakdown roadside and home start for C-Max came in at £69. Renewal this year...... £93!!!:mad: :mad:

Called to query the £24ish increase and was told that they could reduce to £74 since I called and was a "Valued customer!!" whatever!!!:confused:

Have said that this is a dishonest practice and the renewal should have come out at the lowest price they could do me if I am so valued rather than take a chance at more money should I not question the price.

Needless to say I'll be moving the cover out of principal as don't want to deal with dishonest companies where I can avoid it.:devil:

Anyway - watch out for this if you have cover and it is coming up for renewal.

Any good suggestions for alternate cover??

Cheers,

Simon

If you want to belong to a book club why not join Readers Digest ??

I was with AA...they hiked their prices....I went to Green Flag....they hiked their prices....I went to, gues where...? yup AA!!

think of it this way a new tyre £100 .taken home with your car dog kids wife caravan from any part of the uk £93 i think very good value

Last edited:
Ian, Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm looking for more details about the Merc your selling? (Can you email me direct on ksmotors1 AT gmx.com). I cannot reply on the sales thread or send a PM as it won't let me due to lack of posts!

Same with car insurance, that's why I usually end up changing companies every year, sometimes going back to the one I was with the year before last... it's all an attempt to extract extra money from those who don't shop around... brand loyalty is for mugs IMHO! ;)

This, in my experience is a typical AA trick.
Several years ago I moved my car insurance to the AA because I was drawn in by their sales pitch - and it was a bit cheaper.
Next year the renewal came in and I noticed the premium had jumped from about £200 to over £300.
No claims - no accidents - no motoring convictions. Nothing.
I phoned them to enquire as to why the massive increase and I received a very similar reply as the one got by the OP.
I moved my business to MoreThan, who I am still with.
I do check around most years and so far MoreThan have remained very competitive.

I wouldnt touch the AA for anything with a 50 foot disinfected barge pole.

I am currently covered by the Green Flag organisation which is available discounted through MoreThan.
I used them last week and they turned up in less than 15 minutes and was on my way within one hour of the breakdown. So no complaints.

Last edited:
mines due for renewal next month, so i'll look out for it. i was going to shop round this year as i think there are now quite a few cheaper alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom