aa wants dashcam vigilantes controlled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition
AA calls for crackdown on sharing dashcam video - BBC News

"New rules may be needed to control the use of video taken by dashboard cameras, the AA has warned.

Motorists who persistently share dashcam video could be accused of voyeurism, according to the motoring organisation.

It said too many drivers post videos on social media without considering the impact on the motorists shown.

In many cases drivers are pilloried for actions that are not their fault, the AA said."

Should dashcam warriors be banned?

I don't think they should be banned, but I agree that there's a lot of footage on YouTube of people shouting obscenities at other drivers; some of which seems to be completely unjustified.

I personally think that a lot of the dashcam warriors are sanctimonious w@nkers. I don't think they are voyeurs.

The AA do admit that there is a genuine reason to be protecting yourself from intentional accidents, but it's interesting to read that it's really not the done thing on the continent. - Are we just more paranoid?

Last edited:
"In Italy, number plates are private, and must be blurred in footage"

Do they drive around with blurred plates? Whats the point of having a number plate then? :doh:

If you're going to engage in some filming and voyeurism there are far better subjects than other people's driving.

scott f +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom