Aaaargh, someone's keyed my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
2015 911 Turbo S, 2019 Volvo XC90 T5 Polestar Optimised
Noticed this yesterday lunchtime, can't recall where it may have happened, although it would have been in the last couple of days. Of course it could have been worse, at least it's just restricted to the passenger door but I'm really upset. It looks too deep to polish out too :(

CIMG0179.jpg

Why would anyone do this, what do people get out of it? - I wish I could have caught the **** whilst they were doing it.

Mindless vandalism.

I wish I could have caught the **** whilst they were doing it.

Mindless vandalism.

If you think about it,lucky you did not catch the person
I know how it feels though as it heppened to me a few times now :mad:

If you think about it,lucky you did not catch the person
I know how it feels though as it heppened to me a few times now :mad:

A few times ...................... Ouch.

A few times ...................... Ouch.

me too , they tried to prise the MB badge off the bonnet

left a scratch and a dent that looks like a dimple

you tend to be angry and offended but its best to just move on

- I always carry a long handled axe in the car now:eek:

Bloody annoying. :mad:

Have a go at polishing the whole length of the scratch. If there are areas where you can fit your fingernail in, they can't be polished out, but do have a go at it and you should be able to make the damage far less noticable. You have nothing to lose.

As already said, maybe it is a good job you didn't see it happen.

I can understand theft, I do not condone it but someone gets something. This however is 'beyond the pale' it is pointless asking why, there is no logic in the mind of a cretin.
The police are helpless to stop this kind of action and is these days common practice. The cost in monetary terms can run into thousands, the cost of feeling helpless is something else altogether.:mad:

Many times this is caused in supermarket carparks with buckles and such like on handbags. We assume it's "keying" but it's often not intentional, it's thoughtlessness.

Last edited:
I think we all know how you feel,as you say mindless,has happened to me before, and do sympathise.

if its not too heavy for a saturday afternoon
i believe we live in a society where people say " if hes got it i want it , hes no better than me" and "if i cant have it i'll smash it up"
ok i'll sit down now

Many times this is cause in supermarket carparks with buckles and such like on handbags. We assume it's "keying" but it's often not intentional, it's thoughtlessness.

you could be right
i sat in waitrose car park this morning waiting for my wife and the parking was cringeworthy bordering on total incompetence:doh:
i got out of there as quickly as i could

That sucks man, would feel devestated even if it was on my cheap 202!

However, before you take it to a bodyshop to get it sprayed it may be possible to significantly improve it. So much so that people looking at it wouldn't even know it was there. I'll dig out a couple of pictures to show you bare with me.

Ok, here is a C class estate and a zafira both with pretty bad scratches. The vauxhall is the worst as you'll see

No paint was used in these, but it can be used to fill in the scratch to help disguise it but it can be hit and miss with colour match and whether the scratch takes the paint.

C class

DSCN1023-1.jpg

DSCN1028-1.jpg

Zafira. Close up shot to show that it is still there, but compared to how it was it was pretty hard to see.

2011-11-19125640.jpg

2011-11-19134837.jpg

and from a bit further away

2011-11-19125607.jpg

2011-11-19134742.jpg

Not perfect but saved my neighbour a trip to the bodyshop.

Good work there - great effort if you think it could happen again and don't want to go in for paint !

Many times this is caused in supermarket carparks with buckles and such like on handbags. We assume it's "keying" but it's often not intentional, it's thoughtlessness.

True, and I've had scratches on other cars from things like that, zips are another one.

However, this is quite deep you can catch your fingernail in most of it and the shape / line of the scratch makes it look more like it was intentional.

Gutted for you, just mindless stupidity and envy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom