Aaah!! Help required please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timster

Car
Currently Merc' Less.
Picked my car up from the garage today. It's has been having work done on the rear suspension during which they have clearly had to disconnect the battery - I know this as my trip counter was back to zero.

3 miles down the road I had ESP and ABS warnings appear on the dash.

Is this just requiring a reset. I recall something about steering from full lock both ways after disconnecting battery.

Could someone please talk me through this procedure so I can hopefully get the car back on the road again!! Or at least rule out this simple fix!!

It's an S211 E320 Cdi. 2003 model.

Thanks folks!!

Tim.

Start car

Go from lock to lock twice

Stop car , key out

Start car

Should be gone

What work did you have done?
Obviously if the above doesn't work

They have pretty much rebuilt the rear suspension for me. Just waiting to fit a new pump now!

Will try the above and go for a wee drive. See if it clears it!

Thanks!

You may need to reset the window one-touch function too.

If it doesn't work, press each switch down to the first (manual) position, wait until the window reaches the bottom and hold the switch there for about five seconds. Repeat for the 'up' function and for each door.

They have pretty much rebuilt the rear suspension for me. Just waiting to fit a new pump now!
Gosh, that sounds like a big (expensive) job. What was wrong?

The rear suspension sank and needed to change the control unit. Involved stripping down a large section of the rear of the car!

No idea how much yet but over good garage so including parts, put several new bits on while it was apart, it's this side of £500

Will be nice to have it back.

On night shift now. Will try the reset first thing tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom