Abandoned MB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rather sad......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Those are "barn find", "easy fix" and "in need of little TLC". Maybe only burnt G class is "for spares or repair" all others are salvageable.

Coincidence ! was just talking about this 180 which has been left for the last 4 days and now has a ticket. It's got the usual arch rot though not the worst I've seen but the inside is a tip.

unnamed.jpg

Coincidence ! was just talking about this 180 which has been left for the last 4 days and now has a ticket. It's got the usual arch rot though not the worst I've seen but the inside is a tip.

unnamed.jpg

Body in the boot, I'd say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several of the newer ones were Dubai registered. Ash trays full?

Whereas in the past it was body rot that would place a car beyond economic repair today its far more likely to be electronic gismos. Much as we love em, cars are just another [overpriced]consumer item with a finite life. I imagine it would take very little in the way of extra material/design engineering to ensure manufacturers could made them last a lot longer ---- a few micrometers of electroplating on connections, a millimeter of extra insulation, bit more zinc galvanising heat stress relieving and shot peening on springs etc etc -- but then we wouldn't be in the position of having to buy new ones? ;)

Saw this one a couple of days ago, in Seborga in Italy:

34694158643_347a3217e5_o.jpg

35373271951_e95068c91a_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom