Abandoned XJ220 in Qatar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Taken in the Qatari desert, these photos of a Jaguar XJ220 left to languish at the mercy of the elements are wrenching to any lover of the model. The XJ220 was a mid-engined sports car developed by Jaguar in partnership with Tom Walkinshaw Racing. It premiered in 1988 as a concept car and was produced between the years 1992 and 1994. Only 281 were ever made.

The 220 moniker stems from the car's top-speed goal of 220 mph which it came close to reaching. The production version was rear-wheel drive that came with 3.5 liter twin-turbo V6 generating 542 bhp (404 kW) and 645 Nm (476 lb-ft) of torque. Quite different from the concept version which was fitted with a 6.2 liter engine with 500 bhp (370 kW) and an all-wheel drive system. For a brief time it held the record as the fastest production car with a top speed of 350 km/h (217 mph).

The car remains a classic and existing models usually sell for around £100,000 (€115,000).

This one, with its faded LeMans Blue paint, has likely lost a lot of its value. Even if it has only 900 km on the odometer. Ouch!

6618794.jpg

8030427.jpg

3014813.jpg

8957876.jpg

517984.jpg

739861.jpg

Imagine if this had been in England? it would have lasted about 11 minutes before it was nicked/torched :D

Edit: How come the tyres arent flat?!?

Last edited:
Abandoned or deserted :D

Most likely just parked up before a sand storm?

Edit: How come the tyres arent flat?!?

I've an old MG in the garage with 4 pumped-up tyres, last saw an air machine in 1990.

shame to see an iconic car like that going to waste!

That's not abandoned, it's just dirty. By that criteria I drive an abandoned car to work every day during winter.

It has 900km on the Odometer!

I remember that car. I worked in Qatar for 6 months for Porsche as a foreman.

That XJ220 is nothing. There are loads of cars like this just dumped. It looks like it is parked in the industrial area (were all the dealer workshops are) and where I worked.

What a shame. It'll take more than a new battery and a bucket of soapy water to get that back on the road.

I wonder what they'd take for it though? :confused:

Cheers,

Gaz

You would never find the owner. There are loads of cars like this there.

That is quite possibly the most beautiful car I have ever seen. It is truly magnificent. Wonder if it is for sale? Can dream I suppose!

I still know people that work there. I could see if I can contact them. Do a group buy? lol

I would sell my **** for that car.....sigh...

Olly is right, in Qatar and other UAE countries, this sight is fairly common. Too much money and not knowing what to do with it!

It still belongs to someone though, they'll have the keys to it.

A wash down, fluid change, belt changes, new battery and some new petrol and it looks good to go. I doubt it will have rust being out there.

The car isnt abandoned. The owner has left it parked outside a garage awaiting a new fuel pump. The garage is in an industrial area.

RE: Limping Cat: Dying XJ220 Spotted: Limping Cat: Dying XJ220 Spotted&mid=0

Last edited:
I find that hard to believe. I remember the car and that was 4.5 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom