Abbos MR2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thmsshaun

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 C300 4Matic, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2015 Triumph Tiger800 XCX
Very nice looking motor. That IMO is the best shape Toyota have ever made in the MR2. Fantastic car. What spec. UK or Import Turbo? :devil:

Judging from the shape of the rear number plate recess it's an import.

Nice car. :D

Thmsshaun said:
Very nice looking motor. That IMO is the best shape Toyota have ever made in the MR2. Fantastic car. What spec. UK or Import Turbo? :devil:

I had one of the last UK-spec 174bhp SW20s (same shape) in Goodwood Green, and it was fantastic!!

Felt so special to drive - and I mean REALLY special - great with the roof out, and excellent stereo. Got so many looks in that car from all sorts of people ...and more importantly the ladies loved it!! ;)

Always had a £1000 bill in November each year, but most jobs were incredibley cheap at the dealer.

I think it's a Import non turbo. Nice car - would be my favorite out of the two!

I can't find the photos referred to?? However a quick how to spot an MR2 SW20 derivative guide follows:

Square recess in rear bumper indicates import (Jap/US), rectangular indicates UK (or Euro). Not many US-spec LHD made it here, although a few early ones did. MR2s not really popular on continent either, apparently the french for "M R 2" puts some of them off!!

Other tell-tale signs of an import: yellow fog/driving lamps at front, and non-integrated fog lamp at rear. Strips on leading edge of front wheelarch have integrated amber reflector.

Raised engine cover indicates turbo, flat engine cover indicates normally aspirated. Turbos only available as an import.

No spoiler indicates 8v Camry-spec 2 litre. Three piece wrap-around lights indicates 16v GT spec 2 litre. Oval style rear clusters with single piece spoiler indicates later revision with slightly higher engine output.

There are others, but I'm getting carried away ...so I'll stop!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom