ABC again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karozza

Car
SL55 AMG/C180 K
After sitting for around 5-7 days, my SL55 sinks completely on the front passenger side(same side as the valve block). After numerous attempts at overhauling/seals/switching solenoid around in front valve block & even replacing with a another used one, the car remains with the same fault on the same side. Actually it had come to a point that it used to sink a few hours after parking. Now stable at around 5-7 days.

Now, the strange part; the car has no leaks & when the car completely sinks, the reservoir fluid level does not increase. Actually, it seems to decrease just slightly. There has been no loss in fluid over time. If the solenoids are leaking fluid, hence the car dropping on one side, wouldn't this suggest the fluid goes back to the reservoir!?

I have now been told to try & replace a short flexible hose from the strut to the car solid hose, which apparently contains a valve;could this have any affect?

Cheers.

Surely, the level in the reservoir should increase if the car sags; right!?

This can only be a leaking strut or a valve block leaking or failing to have a good seal and allowing fluid back into the reservoir.

After sitting for around 5-7 days, my SL55 sinks completely on the front passenger side(same side as the valve block). After numerous attempts at overhauling/seals/switching solenoid around in front valve block & even replacing with a another used one, the car remains with the same fault on the same side. Actually it had come to a point that it used to sink a few hours after parking. Now stable at around 5-7 days.

Now, the strange part; the car has no leaks & when the car completely sinks, the reservoir fluid level does not increase. Actually, it seems to decrease just slightly. There has been no loss in fluid over time. If the solenoids are leaking fluid, hence the car dropping on one side, wouldn't this suggest the fluid goes back to the reservoir!?

I have now been told to try & replace a short flexible hose from the strut to the car solid hose, which apparently contains a valve;could this have any affect?

Cheers.
A non return valve...sounds plausible.

Agreed. That's why I cannot understand no increase in reservoir level!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom