ABC Fluid Flush

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maha

Car
Suzuki Alto
Hi All,

I heard to keep you car trouble free from ABC issues you should do a fluid flush every 20,000 miles, this would take me ages to cover. Does anybody do this and seen results? If so does anybody reccomend a time period instead of mileage period of when to do it?

Also how often do you top the car with ABC fluid?

Mercedes Benz ABC System Troubleshooting Guide

There is a section in there that stresses how inactivity is very hard on the ABC system and that the car should be driven at least once a week during winter months. Personally, I would think of it like brake fluid and change every 2-3 years max.

As above, you shouldnt have to top the ABC fluid up unless you've got a leak.

I change my fluid every 3 years or 40,000 miles, which ever comes first.

20,000 miles is a bit on the low side, but if it takes you ages to do that, then do it every 3 years if you dont get to that.

Agree with the above.......if you are having to top up you have a problem.

I think I am correct in saying that there is no requirement in the MB maintenance schedule to change filters nor fluid in the ABC system.

It is now accepted by industry experience that both should be changed regularly as a matter of good practice.

As Giantvanman I think it is a good idea to link it to a recognised service item that is time/mileage related in the MB scheduling as an aide memoire.......brake fluid would work well as might spark plugs.......I think informed opinion would regard every 20k miles as being a little OTT.

Mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom