Abc fluid reservoir

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rk100

Car
W215 CL65 AMG & W124 E500
Hello all

I just noticed that there is a small circular crack around the dipstick to the abc fluid reservoir in my w215 CL. It looks like someone pushed in hard or leaned heavily on the dipstick. Obviously I would like to get this fixed but in the meantime will driving the car with the reservoir crack in this location do any damage?

I have priced a new one from MB and they are around 254+vat. If anyone knows of a second hand one in good condition let me know - if I can't get a good condition used one looks like I will have to fork out for a new one at MB.

Thanks

I'd be very careful driving it. If you loose all of the fluid it's pretty much a guarantee that the pump will die.

May as well do a fluid change when you replace it.

m2287 said:
I'd be very careful driving it. If you loose all of the fluid it's pretty much a guarantee that the pump will die. May as well do a fluid change when you replace it.

The crack is at the very top of the tank and the fluid level on the dipstick is correct. But around the crack there is some getting out as it has gone all sticky just at the crack. My concern was if the pressure in the tank increases when driving (not sure if that even happens) and fluid keeps getting pushed out.

Yes definitely will be do a fluid change when getting the tank done - just bought some today from Germany!

Cheers

renault12ts said:
Look on Ebay for one being broken.

Yes I have been looking on all the usual places. There are a few in the US on eBay but kind of hard to tell the condition of the tank.

Just seen one on eBay from a 2002 CL600 - does anyone if this will fit my 2004 - just checking in case for some reason they changed between these years

Hello all, resurrecting this thread!!

I eventually got a good used abc fluid reservoir but as of yet have not got it fitted.

Quick question - after a day or so the whole passenger side sags away down whilst the driver side is fine. Would this be related to the small crack on top of the reservoir tank releasing pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt that the reservoir would cause it...

There are two valve blocks, one controls the front and the other controls the rear.

I would say that one has failed making the passenger side drop on that specific corner which has made the whole side of that car look low.

You can rebuild the valve blocks, it’s not too bad of a job!

The tank is not pressurised so, as above, this is not the cause of the sag.

Thanks, so looks like it could be the valve blocks. Will probably have to check both of them then to see which it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom