abc height calibration...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grainqey

Car
Cl500
Hello,
My CL leans to the right about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch (its noticeable if you look at the car on the flat) regardless of set suspension height on the toggle switch and doesnt sag on any of ther corners.

Anyway, does anybody happen to know how much mercedes charge for the calibration or what dealer has facilities to do it round or near south yorkshire (i asked europa at sheffield and they said they cant do it unless they were refering to tracking and camber)
thanks in advance
Alex

Are you checking with the engine running and the steering ''straight on'' as well as perfectly level ground?

Mic

It depends if you want it done on the wheel alignment equipment.

They maybe other reasons why it is leaning over

Hello,
Thanks for the replies....
yeah, straight on with the steering and, engine on and off on all 3 height settings
europa mercedes said they could set it roughly but they dont have the proper ramp for it (tbh i'm quite tempted to get them to set it roughly rather than take it to jct600 *gips*)

P.S olly, people at work sarcastically suggested it had smaller wheels on one side lol

Adjustable links

Hi ..... Had the same problem and Levelled ( and lowered ) my SL500 with adjustable links on the suspension control module. £90 for the links and an hours DIY

Last edited:
Hi ..... Had the same problem and Levelled ( and lowered ) my SL500 with adjustable links on the suspension control module. £90 for the links and an hours DIY
I don't have a problem with the ABC on my 350, but "lowered" sounds very interesting.

Could you give me a little more detail on what these 'links' are, how you lowered the car, and where you bought the parts?

I'm thinking that lowering by 1/2 inch would make a difference to the cornering.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Pitts,

I've also lowered my ML on "links"
IMG-20130119-00672_zps1f2a3159.jpg

however i'm in the process AGAIN of getting the Renntech lowering module, so I have the full spectrum as such of how low i go and i can also turn it off for normal ride height.
The links are around £80-£100 and once fitted are not adjustable from inside the car like the Renntech module is.... check out my Renntech group buy thread if your interested....

I bought my links from here - MERCEDES SL ABC AIR SUSPENSION LOWERING LINKS MODULE AIRMATIC items in The original airride lowering links store on eBay!

Cheers Greg

The module is a much much better option. The damping remains the same with the module.

I don't have a problem with the ABC on my 350, but "lowered" sounds very interesting.

Could you give me a little more detail on what these 'links' are, how you lowered the car, and where you bought the parts?

I'm thinking that lowering by 1/2 inch would make a difference to the cornering.

Thanks in advance :)
Hey Pitts Pilot ...... correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know the 350 does not have the ABC system so you could not adjust height via the links system.

Hey Pitts Pilot ...... correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know the 350 does not have the ABC system so you could not adjust height via the links system.
ABC was an option on the 350, and I managed to find and buy one (Like hens teeth...).

The module route is more than I wanted. I was simply after a way to lower the car 1/2 inch or so. Besides, with a warranty, I dare not fiddle with the ABC units just in case they fail!

You often read that the sports model of such & such MB has lowered suspension, I was just wanting to do the same.

Are there no fixings/bushes/adaptors that one can buy?

Hi,
remember that ABC also self lowers the faster you go up to around a half inch for speed stability and mpg.
Don

Hi,
remember that ABC also self lowers the faster you go up to around a half inch for speed stability and mpg.
Don
Yes, I believe it does at motorway speeds.
Just thought another 1/2 inch would help...

Besides, I can raise the car an inch or 2 inchs by pressing a button, so rough surfaces would not present a problem if my SL was 1/2 inch lower :thumb:

However I need a relatively simple option :)

ABC was an option on the 350, and I managed to find and buy one (Like hens teeth...).

The module route is more than I wanted. I was simply after a way to lower the car 1/2 inch or so. Besides, with a warranty, I dare not fiddle with the ABC units just in case they fail!

You often read that the sports model of such & such MB has lowered suspension, I was just wanting to do the same.

Are there no fixings/bushes/adaptors that one can buy?

Try these Pits they supplied me and I have no issues and the car looks fantastic ........
airmatic lowering links co uk front page

topscore said:
Try these Pits they supplied me and I have no issues and the car looks fantastic ........
airmatic lowering links co uk front page

Or you could simply build your own lowering links for a fraction of the price. DIY links can be made up for under £10. A few how-to guides been around for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom