abc pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steven dryden

Car
cl500
some help please. i have a cl500 2001 the red light on for the suspension will not go up or down took it to a garage.shall we say the happy mechanic who looked at the car says there was nothing coming up the only thing he could find was pressure was low so says it must be the pump so i took i trip to euro parts and they say there is a pump in the front and a pump in the back is this right. suspension will not go up or down

No there is only one pump and it's a tandem pump. Belt driven on the engine

Euro are probably mistaking Valve Blocks for Tandem Pump. 2 valve blocks (1 front. 1 rear). 1 tandem pump on engine. HTH.

It's an MB-specific part so you're probably better off going to a dealer and seeing if you can extract some sort of discount from them. Expect to pay north of a grand either way.

As Above :thumb: :eek:

Plenty of refurbished ones around and also much cheaper to buy in Germany than the UK

Well the have rebuilt ones on ebay from Poland they are on a exchange basis,but at £260 plus a £100 bond that you send them back a pump that can be rebuilt,seems like a good deal,best of luck if you go this route let us know how you got on.

As I understood it, the cause of ABC pumps' declining output pressure is due to wear on the cylinder walls and the pump bearings. I don't understand how replacing the o-rings (which is what most of these refurbishers seem to do) would solve those issues.

Send "m2278" (mb club member) a PM. He has rebuilt lots of these pumps and would be a great starting point if you want to rebuild your existing pump. HTH.

His user name is m2287, not m2278. That is why you are getting the not known message.

steven dryden said:
Lol cheers

Great. Sorry for about the typo. Aidan is a cool guy. I'm sure he will be able to help.

Cheers for the recommendation guys, haven't been on here too much recently, we were in the middle of extending our house and my Mrs decided to have our baby 2 months early so things have been hectic to say the least! Baby (Layla) is doing good though, she was 2 pounds 7 when she was born but we are lucky to have addenbrookes hospital on our doorstep, they did an excellent job with getting Rox on the mend and Layla is doing well so hopefully she will be home in the next few weeks! The extension should be finished by the end of next week and then I should have a bit more time on my hands!

Low pressure could be a burst hose, it's not 100% the pump. I'd rather see the car before we committed to anything!

m2287 said:
Cheers for the recommendation guys, haven't been on here too much recently, we were in the middle of extending our house and my Mrs decided to have our baby 2 months early so things have been hectic to say the least! Baby (Layla) is doing good though, she was 2 pounds 7 when she was born but we are lucky to have addenbrookes hospital on our doorstep, they did an excellent job with getting Rox on the mend and Layla is doing well so hopefully she will be home in the next few weeks! The extension should be finished by the end of next week and then I should have a bit more time on my hands! Low pressure could be a burst hose, it's not 100% the pump. I'd rather see the car before we committed to anything!

Good to hear mother and baby are well

Steven, I'll message you on here is that's ok, i might help someone else in future!

First thing to do is look in the engine bay on the passenger side, is there a lot of fluid in the area (it will probably be on the radiator also), jack each corner of the car up and see if there is any oil misting on the suspension struts. Let me know what you find!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom