ABC red then normal ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL55-blackrep

Car
Sl55 AMG
Hi everyone...

My car dropped on the way home from work today ABC in red and it was as low as possible the front wheels were resting on the inner arch lining.

It only looked like the front end had dropped the back was normal but the car wouldnt go up or down at all when pressing the button. I turned it off and on a few times to try to reset but nothing?

When i got home i turned it off then tried it again and its working as normal.. good ride height and it moves up and down as normal.

Any ideas?

I have attached pics to show how low it was and then when i got home back to normal.

I havent long had the pump replaced about 2000 miles ago as it was getting weak and had no issues since.

Attachments

• IMG_7153.jpg
    IMG_7153.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7162.jpg
    IMG_7162.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Red light shows loss of pressure. Did you replace the pump wth a brand new one?

Yeah new fluid.. i got it from poland off ebay.. yeah they primed the pump when fitting it.
It was working fine until now.

I was thinking if its the pump how has it suddenly started working again now having completely failed earlier in the day?
surely the back would drop aswel as the front?
It doesnt add up to me but im no expet to say the least.

Help?

So i had the car up on the ramp today and found this hydraulic leak infront of the passenger side rear tyre...

Anyone had any experience fixing a ABC leak from this area before??

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7241.jpg
    IMG_7241.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
How does the strut look? That accumulation could well mean a strut has corroded and leaking- sorry!

The strut looks fine and the rear suspension has never dropped either only the front keeps dropping when driving.. turn it off and on and its ok again??

So i had the car up on the ramp today and found this hydraulic leak infront of the passenger side rear tyre...

Anyone had any experience fixing a ABC leak from this area before??

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Hmmm
No expert but mine lost the main hose from the pump to the front control valve block.
Part cost about £221 ... a bitch to fit, plus needs a complete flush and filter.
Luckily mine was caught sweating, lost about 1/2 " in reservoir ( what I was told )
Apparrently if it bursts, 4 seconds later you need a new pump.

All Fixed.

It was just a leak from a connecting pipe that just needed re threading so for those reading this who have similar issues in the future there is some hope its not always a big bill.

Its now perfect no ABC warning of any colour and handles better than ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom