ABC seal kit I received today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ferrarispider

Car
Cl500
Just a heads up for fellow British ABC owners. I sent of for the ABC seal kit #MBZABCSEALK from California and it only took 3 days to get to me here in the UK. $115 all in.
The company is called invasion auto products. Outstanding service:thumb:
Now you know.

It means, all the owners of ABC equipped cars (hydrolic suspension ) that live in the UK:thumb:
This seal kit can not be obtained in the UK as far as I know and have searched. The UK merc dealerships either want thousands of £s for a new pump, or £500 + for a recon unit. There never going to sell us a seal kit.

Are you going to do a DIY guide?
Hi mate, I have found from Years of experience (writing tec articles for an Italian forum), that it's a thankless job.
I will see if I am inspired while I am rebuilding the pump;)

Should perhaps warn folks that if its the valve body the early ones can be rebuilt but I think the later ones are sealed? PERHAPS YOU CAN CONFIRM?

Should perhaps warn folks that if its the valve body the early ones can be rebuilt but I think the later ones are sealed? PERHAPS YOU CAN CONFIRM?
The kits for the PUMP brother, not the valve block.

What engine stand is that? I'm after one.

Found it! What a bargain. I take it you're happy with it?

Last edited:
Yes mate, it's a local company called SGS. Very happy with it. My old stand was a little rough around the edges. The SGS one is very sturdy and a bargin to boot.

Thanks. Never heard of SGS before but will order one tonight.

Have you had heads of your 355 ported? If so did you do it yourself or used somebody?

Although I rebuilt the heads, they were built to standard specs. The 5 valve heads give good flow already. Had i wanted any heads flowed, i have used in the past another local guy called Peter Burges.
Having an extra valve aids breathing already on these engines, which are the same 5v layout as the challenge strad.
The bottom end was treated to a stroker kit to increase capasity. That was the reason for the rebuild.
Any machining to the heads and block was done by my mate andy at derby racing services.

Last edited:
I'm looking to get my heads polished, possibly with bigger valves (55k engine has only 3). Might give your mate a call tomorrow to see if he can help, if that's okay of course?

Of course its ok brother. Please note my mate andy at derby racing services is a milling engineer. The guy you want for the heads is Peter Burges which is a seperate business (google him) I have used him in the past over a 20 year period. He is not my mate, I only use his services. Hes old school mate, also with a rolling road :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom