About to buy a C250TD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WLeg

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB GLC250
on a 1997 plate, with 80k on it. Never owned one beofre, please give advice on what to look for, etc. Car has full MB history.

Also any advice on chipping, etc ?

Many thanks,

Welcome to the forum :D Good luck with your new purchase. Although I can't adivse on diesels there are a few people here with similar models to the one you're looking at.

With respect to chipping, you may want to look at these threads in the Engine section...
Diesel Tuning
ECU 'chipped'

S.

I have one and it is brilliant.:)

The engines are superb, very smooth and powerful and very quick when required. The only thing I have heard of is to check cold starting is OK, if one of the glow plugs is dodgy it will be slow to fire up and the glow plugs, although cheap to buy are expensive to replace as they are hard to get at.

Don't expect to get 40+mpg all the time. My average is mid to late thirties although has been down to below 30mpg at times.

I have chipped mine and I can tell you more about it if you like, I used a 'piggy back' box type and it has increased the power, torque and mpg.

Still only getting abut 30/31 out of mine...

What sort of driving do you do to get that, Jimmy.

I do a mixture of motorway and local, so it seems a bit low. Might ask MB dealer to take a look.

(Its only 1 month since I bought it from a dealer second-hand)

id definately recommend the 250td, by far the best car ive owned, i get mid 30's out of mine and about 38 -40 mpg on the motorway. very brisk for a diesel and the engines are lovely and quiet and smooth as well . go for it.

OK, I bought it. It good, I like.... A lot....

Many thanks to all who advised, replyed, etc. So far, done about 410 miles (80% motorway) on the first tank......

Now I need some more advice.... It is a 250TD Sport. Can I stick 18" AMG alloys straight on it (ie. is the outside diameter the same) ? and does anyone have any good ones they want to get rid of ?

Also, the fans seem to be rubbing slightly, as they are quiet noisy, is this normal, or do I need to strip it all down and re-mount or replace them ?

It seems to have 8 speakers 2 rear shelf, 2 rear doors, 2 front doors and 2 dash mounted. Can anyone tell me the various spreaker sizes, as I am looking at changing them to something with a bit more ommph ?

Originally posted by WLeg
OK, I bought it. It good, I like.... A lot....

Many thanks to all who advised, replyed, etc. So far, done about 410 miles (80% motorway) on the first tank......

Now I need some more advice.... It is a 250TD Sport. Can I stick 18" AMG alloys straight on it (ie. is the outside diameter the same) ? and does anyone have any good ones they want to get rid of ?

Also, the fans seem to be rubbing slightly, as they are quiet noisy, is this normal, or do I need to strip it all down and re-mount or replace them ?
B]

Wheels off any other C-class will fit.

Check the paint or plastic coating around the aluminium frame of the fans, mine had corroded and bubbled up and the noise was caused by this rubbing against the fan. Use a screwdriver to remove it and then repaint with a small paintbrush, mine are silent now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom