About to buy a clk 320 cdi W209-- Seller states has sticking parking brake-easy fix??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martin_sv

Car
E350cdi Coupe 2012, R230 Sl350 2003 + CLK 320CDi ( will be putting it up for sale)
About to buy a clk 320 cdi W209-- Seller states sticking parking brake-easy fix?? Hi all,
As per subject, he tells me that it's necessary to pull the release handle a few times for it to release. He has not been using it ( the parking brake) because of this. This tells me it perhaps struggles to release at all.
Anyone familiar with what causes this and Is this likely to be a DIY/low cost or poss. pricey fix? eg lubeing the cable?
Haven't finalised a buying price as yet so thanks if you can assist me
Martin

Probably no help but...parking brake on my W204 intermittently would not fully release, display on dash flashing etc.

Took it into local MB dealer for a once over as wouldn't trust myself with anything to do with brakes.

Undoubtedly an easy fix but was told they adjusted something and charged a token £25.

In fairness no problems since so to my mind money well spent.

Hope you get sorted.

I'm guessing that the mechanisms in all merc foot operated parking brakes are pretty similar so thanks for your post

Started getting the same problem with my C Class. Lubed the cables and mechanism where the cable from the pedal joins the two cables to the back wheels, this is located under a metal plate, under the back seat. Problem solved.
Don't know if it's located in the same place on a CLK though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom