About w213

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lok

Car
E class
I am looking to buy w213 e220d 2019 any problems? Dpf ? Bluetec? Nick sernsor ? Is it economy ? Or I buy hybrid car?

DPF, BlueTec, and NOx sensors are a potential source of headache on any modern Diesel MB, it's not specific to the E-Class, but a 2019 car will have a year's warranty left in it.

Reactions: Lok
E220d with the 9 speed is economical. If you buy a Hybrid I would test drive it before hand as from reviews online some people like it and others don't, personal preference. With the hybrids I believe you only get a 60k mileage warranty coverage on them so be wary of that. I can't comment on how reliable they are as haven't owned one.

....Or I buy hybrid car?

I am not sure what year MB stopped making tbe E300 BlueTec Hybrid, but generally speaking MB's Diesel Hybrids weren't very successful.

The E350e, on the other hand, is a fine car (a friend of mine has one and he's very pleased with it), but keep in mind that it's a petrol Hybrid (not Diesel), which I understand isn't what you are looking for?

No issues with dpf etc. MB invested over €1bn in this engine to make sure it is fully Euro 6d compliant and works. When i bought my car i asked some local taxi drivers whose cars were then 2 to 3 years old (one had 300k+ km on it and was 2 1/2yrs old) if they had any issues in town - nothing - 100% reliable.

If you ever go to London then they are the Uber taxi of choice!

Economy - expect 50 to 55 mpg without much effort. If you drive it carefully it's not too difficult to get 60 mpg. I reckon 45 to 50 mpg in Cyprus with a mix of town/country driving and not much constant motorway work? (likely 5.5 to 6 l/100km)?

I had a 2017, E220d 9 speed estate for 4 years. Basically the same car.

Mine was the SE Premium with a few other extras thrown at it, because the SE had leather and the AMG had run flats and artificial leather for some reason.

The only problems I had with it were the drivers window played up every now and then, not returning to closed on an odd occasion an once wouldn't close at all I had it fixed at the local indie for £70. It wasn't jus the usual re set issue.

Other than that just as it was about to go back to the leasing company the self levelling rear suspension let go and hit the bottom. This might have been something to do with the amounts of water and crap roads there was about at the time in the Yorkshire Dales that either shorted something out or just knackered it, however the local indie re set it and re charged it and it lasted until it went back a month later.

Other than that a fab car, the smoothest auto changing box I've ever come across and even though only a 2ltr motor (or just under officially) at just under 200bhp, enough for most people, especially on Cyprus I would have thought.

Don't hesitate, I would have had another like a shot (a colleague did) I just decided I'd paid enough tax to the government and went for the EQC fully electric.

Be it as it may... :D

I still think that the potential for costly repairs on any modern EU6 Diesel engine equipment with DPF, AdBlue, NOx sensors, and other emissions system, is far higher than that of a modern EU6 petrol engine, statistically speaking.

Be it as it may... :D

I still think that the potential for costly repairs on any modern EU6 Diesel engine equipment with DPF, AdBlue, NOx sensors, and other emissions system, is far higher than that of a modern EU6 petrol engine, statistically speaking.
Not disagreeing with you just giving the facts as I have them.

I didn't cover many miles with that car, so it only did 59,000 in the four years I had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom