ABS and ESP lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gareth1982

Car
MercedesViano
Hi all I have a 2006 Viano 2.2 diesel and since my battery went flat I've had the abs and esp lights on. It's not being used daily and given current restrictions it's not an urgent job for me to take it somewhere so I've got the torque pro app and that shows p2136 throttle position sensor ac voltage correlation. Has anyone seen this or knows how to fix it?

Try turning steering lock to lock and hold it for a while at end of its travel.

Try turning steering lock to lock and hold it for a while at end of its travel.
Hi OneForTheRoad I did see that suggested on another forum and have tried it and variations of the method shown but unfortunately it's not cleared it, which makes me think it's something a little deeper

p2136 throttle position sensor ac voltage and abs esp i wouldn't think will be connected in any way. Is the battery up to the job . Small voltage drops will flag abs esp as they are safety critical and rely on a good constant voltage supply.

ESP/ABS fault is usually caused by either a failed wheel sensor, or low voltage (as OFTR said).

(It could be other things, such as the Steering Wheel Position Sensor, but these are not as common).

Either way, you'll need to get the fault code scanned by STAR, or by iCarsoft/Carly etc (Torque/ELM327 can't read MB-specific codes), this will tell you if there's a fault with a wheel sensor, and in any event you'll need the scanner to erase the fault codes.

I would start by checking the battery voltage, then getting the car on STAR/iCarsoft/Carly etc.

(It could be other things, such as the Steering Wheel Position Sensor, but these are not as common).

I should have said 'Steering Wheel Angle Sensor'

I bought the Icarsoft for mercs was only £140 and it’s great, my esp fault was my rear abs sensor (and ring) but you can see live data and I could see the brake switch was working and the steering wheel angle was being read along with the voltage of the batteries and alternator charge so it was handy to check over that stuff and easy to use, hope you get it sorted bud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom