ABS, BAS, ASR FAULT W210 300TD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velo96

Car
mercedes w210 E300TD
ive been having some gearbox issues lately when i put throtlle in over 4k rpm abs,bas,asr lights come on when driving and it wont shift up unless i slow way down then lights go off and drives normally same as being parked if reved over 4k rpm lights come on, anyone know what this could be as i dont fancy bringing it to a mechanic. thanks

ive been having some gearbox issues lately when i put throtlle in over 4k rpm abs,bas,asr lights come on when driving and it wont shift up unless i slow way down then lights go off and drives normally same as being parked if reved over 4k rpm lights come on, anyone know what this could be as i dont fancy bringing it to a mechanic. thanks
Hi, if you use the search function on the top right of the forums webpage you will get lots of info on abs bas esp issues. Brake light switch being the obvious, a cheap part.

Bit odd that it does it while stationary. Must be rpm linked. Makes me think its in limp mode but in a weird way. Realistically, you are going to need to get it plugged in.

I have ordered a obd2 adaptor for 38 pin hopefully receive it this week and get it checked as need to fix this issue asap I dont want to damage something even more as I'm no pro with these engines

Little update I changed the brake light switch behind the pedal and problem still here I have noticed when rev over 3k rpm the interior light goes off and all lights get dimmer/ brighter like some voltage fault i have replaced the battery still same need help, still haven't received my ob2 adaptor

The most common cause is weak battery or faulty alternator. The next option is a wheel sensor..

The most common cause is weak battery or faulty alternator. The next option is a wheel sensor..
Given there are symptoms while it is not moving, I'd go for the alternator first. Maybe the regulator is dodgy. Perhaps put a voltmeter on the battery whilst taking the revs over 3000, while waiting for the OBD connector!

I have the car in electritions since Tuesday and they done many tests including alturnator so they told me there computer showing up a fault with abs, checked abs pump etc all good so they said there 80% sure abs ecu is faulty

Problem solved! The electrician said the alternator was overcharging and blew a module in the abs ecu so needed both of them, but before told me the alternator was fine... anyway 340£ for the fix. Cheers guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom