ABS/BAS-ESP lights on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

niwred

Hello,
'I have a ABS/BAS-ESP light on my e320. In addition to those lights being on my brake lights don't come on. This has been going on for 2 days. It sometimes goes away. What could be causing this ????

Turn the wheel all the way to the left, then all the way to the right and then left again. This should reset the systems. Also, double check in the manual if yours is different from how my brake system is reset.

Your brake light switch might have failed, quite common apparently. A new replacement should cure your ABS/ASR and brake light woes.

S.

my light comes on as well, was told by m/b technician that could be pedal switch, easy to replace but then would have to have the fault diagnostic done (?) which could take an hour, is the diagnostic needed? i could replace switch myself, and get the testing done later. all of the cruise/speed limiter work when the light is on.

brake light switch 10 mins to change and will reset itself may store code in obc but no light ondash cost £10 only very common problem switch is always on and off not surprising they break

this may be a daft question but what is the OBC?
not yet fully up on these abreviations.
but thanks for help anyway

And there was me thinking it meant Original Birth Certificate all along !!!

Doh ! ;)

Steve where is the brake light switch located, and how do I get to it ??????

niwred said:
Steve where is the brake light switch located, and how do I get to it ?
It's part of the brake pedal assembly, I will take some pics tomorrow if I get chance.

Hello all I tried changing the brake light switcd but that did not fix my problem any other suggestions ????

ABS/BAS/ASR/ESP type sensor on a corner has probably died.

Last edited:
I recently had the same problem on my CLK, tested the brake light switch, it turned out to be fine.
Went into my local dealer and asked them to quote me for having it fixed, as the AA warranty wanted me to. The ran it on the computer and told me it was a wheel speed sensor, cost was £40 for the part. Fitted it myself in less than half an hour. If you can find out which sensor it is send me a PM and ill give you some details on changing it.
Cheers

Hello gents, It must be my speed sensor, I tried to use my cruise conttroll after replacing the brake light sensor failed to fix my problem and the cruise did not work. So now waht I have is no brake lights, no cruise and the ABS/ESF/BAS lights on the dash.

Does this sound more like a speed sensor issue ?????

Thanks in advance.

niwred

I have a E320(2001) where would the speed sensor be located ????????

Shude said:
It's part of the brake pedal assembly, I will take some pics tomorrow if I get chance.

Is this an easy DIY on the 202, Nick ? I'm getting the BAS/ASR light all the time at the moment - generally when I'm waiting in traffic on and off the brake, so guessing its the brake switch that's doing it .... resets fine when I switch off and back on again, but I get no Cruise control and no ASR (ASR off switch has no effect) when the light has tripped.

If this is easy enough to check / test, I'll try it myself before taking for diagnostics.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom