ABS / EPS light on - C250 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bethj

Car
C250
Hi there

I'm new to this forum but came across it today whilst doing a bit of research on the above problem. So, I've owned my car (C250 2012) since 2014 and it has been great - I've had no problems whatsoever until a few weeks ago when all of a sudden the orange ABS light along with the ESP off orange light came on on the dash. It says ABS / ESP inoperative and refera me to the users manual which basically just sends me to the dealer.
So I took the car to my nearest dealer a couple of weeks back and they did their diagnostic checks and told me that the two front ABS sensors had failed and needed replacing. They didn't have the parts in stock and they wanted over £300 to replace them so I thought I would let my local independent garage replace them for me (nearly 100 mile round trip to the dealer). They have now replaced the sensors but the lights on the dash are still on and they are a bit puzzled. I am beginning to wish I'd just gone back to the dealer and let them sort it for my peace of mind.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to why these lights are still on or how they can be manually switched off?? Any advice on the matter would be very gratefully received. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Beth

Firstly, it would be interesting to see what were the actual fault codes that came-up during initial the diagnostics? And what faults codes are there now?

Then, some fault codes do not get cleared simply by removing the cause. You may need to use MB STAR diagnostic computer to erase the old fault codes, or carry-out some other specific procedure such as turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock etc.

On a general note, common reasons for ESP/ABS lights are: faulty ABS sensor, low battery voltage, and brake light switch behind brake pedal. There are other possible causes but these are the most common ones.

Hi
I don't know what the codes were I'm afraid or what they are now even. The car is still at the garage. I'll have to wait and see what they are able to do :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom