ABS/ESP/BAS error warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tamrsoft

Car
E220 CDi (2001)
Had a strange problem on my E220 yesterday, the warning lights for the ABS, ESP and BAS came on suddenly yesterday while driving back from the West Country. Brakes still working fine but the Cruise Control disabled itself, usual 'Get the Car to Garage' warning flashing up on the instr.panel.
Started the car this morning, all problems disappeared and car fully back to normal. I had similar problem once on my 1998 C200 Sport (problem would come and go), the fix was a faulty switch operated by brake pedal.
Has anyone had similar symptoms on the W210 and had the problem fixed, is it possible to retrieve error codes and if so, how ?

tamrsoft said:
Had a strange problem on my E220 yesterday, the warning lights for the ABS, ESP and BAS came on suddenly yesterday while driving back from the West Country. Brakes still working fine but the Cruise Control disabled itself, usual 'Get the Car to Garage' warning flashing up on the instr.panel.
Started the car this morning, all problems disappeared and car fully back to normal. I had similar problem once on my 1998 C200 Sport (problem would come and go), the fix was a faulty switch operated by brake pedal.
Has anyone had similar symptoms on the W210 and had the problem fixed, is it possible to retrieve error codes and if so, how ?

The dealer can read the failure codes and this is the answer, as second guessing the fault could be expensive, the problem could be in any part of the braking system. My failure was a sensor on my W210

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom