Abs & esp codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul White

My 55 plate W211 280CDI has started throwing up abs and esp warnings accompanied by slightly heavier steering. Today it also threw up a speedtronic warning telling me to spend a fortune.. Sorry, telling me to visit workshop! The cars not in limp mode, but the abs light is on.
I was thinking abs sensor, but I don't get the heavier steering.
Any ideas guys?

Sorry, I should have said. I connected my handheld code reader and no codes were stored.

I have the same problem at the moment. Mine comes up with EBV,ABS,ESP inoperative message. I also get Run flat indicator inoperative. When I tried cruise control, I also got cruise control and Speedtronic inoperative, although these two have now gone off.

Lights come on after 14mph speed and steering wheel gets heavier.

Connected to a friends computer and I got p5001 error code. ESP/BAS control module fault.

Read several forums, some point to brake light switch, which I'm trying first as it's the cheapest, genuine Mercedes part £13ish.

Some point to brake servo, and off course the ABS modulator itself, which is the most expensive.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Check out the photo attached. This might be my and potentially your problem. I opened up the cover under the steering wheel to look for the brake light switch and noticed oil leakage from brake servo.

Attachments

• image-2353823519.jpg
    image-2353823519.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 32
Yeah, I understand that the brake light switch is quite often the source of faults, apparently a lot of the systems are routed through it. I'm taking the car over to my local independent merc dealer tomo to stick it on the star machine. I'll let you know what it comes up with.

Paul - any luck?

Took the car over this morning, apparently it's the rotor hub, which is the newer version of an abs o-ring
And get this.. the part is under a £10 but the bill will be around £220 because of the labour!!

Hi Guys,
I'm new from Malaysia with a C230 V6 W204 2009. My ABS, EPV, ESP, power steering, Runflat all came on above 20kph (14mph). My local mechanic almost gave me a heart attack. Said it's the ABS Pump Motherboard wt a price tag of USD2k!!. (Note that I have been having problems with my brake light detector etc..- they hv changed both my rear light boards which house the bulbs). I called an authorized Dealer who says cld be the sensors that are cheaper but not by much. ANy ideas will be greatly appreciated.

ABS ESP EBV Power steering codes

Hi Guys,
I'm new from Malaysia with a C230 V6 W204 2009. My ABS, EPV, ESP, power steering, RUnflat all came on above 20kph (14mph). My local mechanic almost gave me a heart attack. Said it's the ABS Pump Motherboard wt a price tag of USD2k!!. (Note that I have been having problems with my brake light detector etc..- they hv changed both my rear lights board which houses the bulbs). I called an authorized Dealer who says cld be the sensors which are cheaper but not by much. ANy ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom