ABS/ESP Failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

killie77

Car
E270cdi
Had a slow puncure this morning,brought it round to the local tyre place.
They diagnosed a faultytyre valve.,fitted and put tyre back on. I drove about a mile. The rev counter stated playing up then had the warning on the Dash about the Abs/Esp being faulty
And to visit the workshop.Car is an 04 E270 cdi. I'm wondering if this is SBC related
or just a malfunction ?
Ian

:UPDATE:
Parked the car up for about half an hour, came back started up, the ABS/ESP warning came back on. Drove off and the warnings disappeared after about a hundred yards of travel. Have been keeping an eye on the dash but so far no sign of any warnings. I'm hoping this was just the Wheel being removed and replaced which triggered this
Ian

Hi
traveling along his evening at about 60mph. The ABS/ESP warning came back on this was also joined by a Brake Pad sign all three symbols came on at the same time. The Revs dropped and the car would not go above 40 mph this lasted about a minute then the speed came back. It was a bit worrying as their was a fair bit of traffic around.
I'm going to leave it till the morning then take it round to the Indy in Ibrox who i have used before.
I'm a bit worried now that the Brake Symbol might mean the SBC is needing Reset/Replaced.
About an hour before this occurred I had reset the Throttle by pressing down and restarting the engine. Would this have any effect ?
Thanks
Ian

Thanks for the Reply.
That sounds like an expensive part :eek:
Had it go on me last night again as I was doing just over 85mph
Reset itself this morning tried the Lock to Lock thing will keep an eye on it see if it comes back
Regards
Ian

It's not - parts about £20 - fitting can be a bit of a pain in the backside though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom