ABS& ESP fault comes and go"s on my S320cdi W221 2007

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

giusepppe

Car
2007 S320 Cdi W221
I keep getting a intermittent fault coming up on my screen saying abs & esp are inoperative, plus my cruise control and hold function are no longer operative, where should I be looking to see where the fault incoming from. thanks for any help

You need to get the codes read, could be as simple as replacing a wheel sensor, but without codes you're just guessing.

I keep getting a intermittent fault coming up on my screen saying abs & esp are inoperative, plus my cruise control and hold function are no longer operative, where should I be looking to see where the fault incoming from. thanks for any help
Just read the article written by "sceh" regarding contact issues with wheel sensor's. or rather the connecters behind the wheel arch screen which is probably a contact which needs cleaning and sprayed with contact cleaner, with a bit of luck, which i hope will solve the problem, had this issue on the way back from Italy, then it went away, until now.

Get your own diagnostic tool, will cost the same as Mercedes charge for one diagnostic session and then you still have your own tool for the future.

Could be the brake stop light switch starting to play up , £15 ish . They don’t last for ever anyway

I have asked for one at Mercedes in Poole, and they tell me on my W221 S class 2007, it does not have a stop light break switch
I think the brake light switch was for older MB's, I know my 2005 CLK did not have one either.

I think the brake light switch was for older MB's, I know my 2005 CLK did not have one either.
My 2009 E class has one , I changed it a few years ago after similar symptoms.

Could be the brake stop light switch starting to play up , £15 ish . They don’t last for ever anyway
Snap. Brake switch £19 from Exeter Mercedes. All lit up no cruise, heavy steering & lit up from turning key. Brake switch like a reed switch ( no plunger any more) 5 minutes to fit! drove around for a few miles & all faults cleared 2 days ago so Happy! Vito W447 2016 116CDI.
Trying to find OB2 for W447? Anyone know one that definitely works ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom