ABS fault o/s/r gap to large

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charlievito

Car
2014 Vito auto
Hi I currently have a issue with my Vito 639
Abs light is displayed I have 2 new abs sensors fitted on the rear genuine Mercedes parts used
Fault was checked with a snap on machine saying 44e8 right rear rpm sensor gap between speed sensor and rotor is too large

Has anyone had the replace the bearing for this issue I’m now thinking the the pick up on the back of the bearing is finished the Vito has covered 270000 Miles

Any help would be good

Thanks

Hi I’ve not got to the bottom yet
What codes are you getting ?
Air gap to large ?

I’m now thinking I have a fault with my abs pump seeing the signal it doesn’t like as it’s reading all wheel speeds
Keep me posted if you come across anything

Fixed found the fault today
Chaft wire rubbing off body
The abs pump is mounted on a raised section on the chassis leg and just where the wiring bends it had chaft no idea why it was saying air gap to large
My wires where blue for the o/s/r
Hope this helps

Cheers will check this at the weekend got a new sensor from Mercedes today in case it is the eBay cheepo causing the problem. Glad you got yours fixed. Hopefully all get mine sorted soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi i know this an old forum, i have a vito same messages ive changed the driver side rear abs sensor light still on, planning on checking wiring tomorrow but can you explain how to go about it just worried i may cut one of the wires whilst trying to strip them.

What was the outcome as i have same issue at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom