ABS light is on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c200Kompressor

Car
Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-I and C200 kompressor
Hello! On my c200 Kompressor the ABS light is on. i don't have ABS. What is happend?

Thought all Mercedes had ABS ( Antiblockiersystem) --Anti-lock brakes-- so don't quite understand the question?

If the ABS light is on, then you have a fault with the ABS system, which you do have installed :) You can tell this by looking for the ABS pump under the bonnet (usually on the right).

What makes you think you don't have ABS installed?

I think he means that the ABS light is on and that the ABS isn't working, not that he doesn't have it!

Have you checked the OVP relay? It's a large-ish relay with a 10A fuse on top of it located on the top left in your engine bay (when looking at it from the front). See if the fuse is blown, or if the ABS light goes out if you hit it a few times. I don't know which year your C200 is, but at least on the early models there was a rather dodgy one produced by Siemens' Austrian plant.

Sorry for my bad english:( . The ABS sytem stop working. So the lights still on...

I think he means that the ABS light is on and that the ABS isn't working, not that he doesn't have it!

Have you checked the OVP relay? It's a large-ish relay with a 10A fuse on top of it located on the top left in your engine bay (when looking at it from the front). See if the fuse is blown, or if the ABS light goes out if you hit it a few times. I don't know which year your C200 is, but at least on the early models there was a rather dodgy one produced by Siemens' Austrian plant.

My C200 is from 1997/April.

It should say where it was produced on one of the sides. E.g. "SIEMENS, AUSTRIA". Have you checked it out yet?

Should look a little something like this (some have two fuses as well):
ABD015.JPG

Last edited:

The only relay that look like that is on the back (neer the batery)...

You don't have an OVP.

Get the fault codes read first.

Hello! The problem was the brake switch. Get a new one from the dealer (15€) and that's it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom