abs parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveyboy

Car
e220cdi 2009
can anyone tell me what are the abs parts on rear wheel on a w212 e22ocdi,sensor ok so what else is there, also been told you can wire working side to not working side that solves problem and eveything still works is that true?.

Reluctor ring in the hub is what the sensor picks up from. If this is damaged or no longer working, it won't work. I guess you could wire from one sensor to the other so they both pick up from the correct side. Personally, I would get it fixed properly as it involves your braking system

I imagine this would work if you only drove in a straight line.
As soon as you start cornering there will be a mismatch in the front and rear wheel speed sensors which will cause traction control issues as well as abs, cruise control too.

Leave it as is or get it fixed properly

i intend getting it fixed properly i was just asking the question as id seen it on you tube.

You Tube can be a dangerous place! 😂

all fixed now and eveything running as it should do,only problem was mercedes did not have part i.e reluctor ring had to wait 5 days also replaced lead just to be sure.

another problem gas now popped up i was on motorway in cruise control when flat tyre light lit up pulled over checked all tyres ok got back in started up again all clear then it popped up again with abs and anti slip lit up after about 1/2 a mile all went out,only to come back tried reset on flat indicator still same problem,checked all tyres were correct inflation no problem there,any ideas please.

Very simple question but are your tyres the same size and not at massively different rates of wear. Eg bald at the back at brand new at the front ?
Different tyre sizes can cause a difference in wheel speed to what the computer expects and can throw a light.

Have you checked the codes?

all fixed now and eveything running as it should do,only problem was mercedes did not have part i.e reluctor ring had to wait 5 days also replaced lead just to be sure.
That is probably a speed sensor giving false readings.
The car interprets a different speed reading as a soft tyre which will have a different circumference to the others.

When you say that you replaced the lead -- was it the speed sensor you replaced?
Could the new one be faulty?

You will have to identify which wheel is giving the false reading -- you will need a good OBD reader for that.

That is probably a speed sensor giving false readings.
The car interprets a different speed reading as a soft tyre which will have a different circumference to the others.

When you say that you replaced the lead -- was it the speed sensor you replaced?
Could the new one be faulty?

You will have to identify which wheel is giving the false reading -- you will need a good OBD reader for that.
today it has not come on it must have knew i was going to garage,next time it comes on back to garage with warning lights on,and it is a new reluctor ring and told them to put new sensor lead on also all mercedes parts from dealer.

Very simple question but are your tyres the same size and not at massively different rates of wear. Eg bald at the back at brand new at the front ?
Different tyre sizes can cause a difference in wheel speed to what the computer expects and can throw a light.

Have you checked the codes?
all tyres are correct size and inflation correct,

today it has not come on it must have knew i was going to garage,next time it comes on back to garage with warning lights on,and it is a new reluctor ring and told them to put new sensor lead on also all mercedes parts from dealer.
As mentioned a couple of times in the posts, the Reluctor ring might need replacing to cure your fault properly.

As mentioned a couple of times in the posts, the Reluctor ring might need replacing to cure your fault properly.

I think it was replaced, just took 5 days to get it in stock at the dealer (that's how I read it anyway)

I think it was replaced, just took 5 days to get it in stock at the dealer (that's how I read it anyway)
Oh, it wasn't clear to me that it was replaced - I read it as he fixed everything including replacing the ABS speed sensor but the Reluctor ring since he had to wait 5 days for the ring.

In this case OP need to get his car scanned to see what error code is throwing up his warning lights.

Oh, it wasn't clear to me that it was replaced - I read it as he fixed everything including replacing the ABS speed sensor but the Reluctor ring since he had to wait 5 days for the ring.

In this case OP need to get his car scanned to see what error code is throwing up his warning lights.
thought you had not read the post correctly.i am waiting for them to light up again before taking it back to garage which is what they requested i do,but its not come back on for 8 days at the moment?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom