ABS SBC Pump reconditioned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mahussain2000

Car
Mercedes E270 ********** 2003
Hi can anyone recommend a place that repairs ABS SBC PUMP A0044319912Q1?

Reman don't do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi , I had sbc unit replaced this year , the car had done 197,000 , when I had the dreaded service brake light come on I found what it was , I contacted my local dealer about having the unit replaced under the goodwill gesture but they didn't want to know he said it needs a new unit at a figure of £2,000 , I then contacted my local indie who said that a software update can be performed so I contacted the dealer and he was a bit god smacked when I mentioned about the update on the unit ,his words where that not all units can take the update then he said that if the unit do not take the update I will not be able to drive the car typical hey !!! So I thought about going down the second hand route got the unit took the car to my local indie but the unit would not upload to the Ecu, it can only be programed by star , anyway contacted A1 Merc for another pump but he didn't have one and he said u can try 10 units with the same part number but only 1 will upload to the Ecu , so in the end I went for a new pump at cost surply and fit for £1,400 £600 cheaper than the main stealer , please note I did not get the second hand pump from A1 Merc , after looking more into the sbc problem apparently the sbc unit is set with a certain amount of brake compressions by mercedes is this just another method of getting money off hard working people ?

Hi , another problem with buying a second pump is that as I said that is getting it to upload to the Ecu , I contacted the seller of eBay saying that the pump would not upload to the Ecu and I wanted a full refund , and they insistent that the pump had been tested on there diagnostic equipment , but the pump can only be tested on the star so please be aware when buying a used pump in the end I got a full refund after I explained to them about the pump can only Be tested on star , or contact the main dealer about a software update but then again I was told not all pumps will take a software update , my advice to you is go for a new one , new was £689 and get your local indie to fit it

after looking more into the sbc problem apparently the sbc unit is set with a certain amount of brake compressions by mercedes is this just another method of getting money off hard working people ?

It's a safety feature to try and ensure the pump is expired well before any likelihood of unexpected failure.

The bit MB really messed up was the cost of the replacement and the goodwill issue. They should have just set a reasonable price for the part and made it easy to swap.

The price they charge makes it look like either incompetence to have designed in such an expensive limited life part in the first place - or profiteering. Either way - not good.

Is there any way to tell the age of he SBC unit? Mine looks new and shiny and the chap I bought the car from claims it has been changed but I have nothing else to go on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom