ABS Sensor Replacement W205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Overland7

Car
Mercedes C350e
Hi everyone hope you're all doing okay.

I've got a 2016 C350e and I'm trying to change the left front abs sensor. I've managed the sensor out of the hub no problem, I cannot for the life of me figure out how the plug disconnects from the car. URGENT advice needed please!! Cheers, Brian

Follow it up behind the wheel arch liner , you'll have to remove the liner or pull it back . It plugs into another part of the loom.

Follow it up behind the wheel arch liner , you'll have to remove the liner or pull it back . It plugs into another part of the loom.
I've got the liner back, it plugs into this block but I can't remove it

Attachments

• 20230226_122826.jpg
    20230226_122826.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Looks like there is some sort of clip at the top of the plug , whether you depress this or lift it up to release it i dont know.

The plug on the new sensor should give you an idea how it locates into the plastic housing.

K

I think there’s a wire clip you need to either lift up or press down to release. It’s flush on the top surface of the white bit

Looks like there is some sort of clip at the top of the plug , whether you depress this or lift it up to release it i dont know.

The plug on the new sensor should give you an idea how it locates into the plastic housing.

K
20230226_154716.jpg
This is the new sensor

K

I think there’s a wire clip you need to either lift up or press down to release. It’s flush on the top surface of the white bit
I think the older model had the metal piece, I can't see anything at all on that white block, it's definitely got me stumped

Still looks like the raised prong on the plug is what it clips into the white socket.

Can you get a pic showing the other side of the socket , it may let you see what need to be done to depress the prong letting the plug come out.

K

Last edited:
Still looks like the raised prong on the plug is what it clips into the white socket.

Can you get a pic showing the other side of the socket , it may let you see what need to be done to depress the prong letting the plug come out.

K
The strut for the air suspension is in the way, can't get my phone in for a photo. I used to have a little extending mirror to look behind things but can't find it in my toolbox, bloody typical.

The strut for the air suspension is in the way, can't get my phone in for a photo. I used to have a little extending mirror to look behind things but can't find it in my toolbox, bloody typical.

Does the prong on the plug depress or is it solid ?

If it is solid then you may have to lever the white plastic a little around the prong then ease the plug out.

K

Does the prong on the plug depress or is it solid ?

If it is solid then you may have to lever the white plastic a little around the prong then ease the plug out.

K
It's solid, I would expect a toggle or catch on the back of the block but I can't feel anything, I need to see the back of it

Does the plastic socket come out with the plugs still attached , then the individual plugs can be removed ?

K

Does the plastic socket come out with the plugs still attached , then the individual plugs can be removed ?

K
Not that I can see, I did think about that but there doesn't seem to be the space for it on the inside, the engine bay side has the air con pipes and battery cooling fluid so no joy there either by the look of it

Screenshot_20230226-173406-899.png

Does this push or lever in someway ?

Does the new sensor unclip from that plug end or is it all one piece . Because the orientation puts that tab at the top . Screenshot_20230226-173624-029.png

I think the clue is in the vacant middle hole, where you can see what appears to be a hole that would accept the little tooth

I think the clue is in the vacant middle hole, where you can see what appears to be a hole that would accept the little tooth

There's only 2 plugs go in . Nothing in the middle . 1 is abs the other is brake pad wear sensor wiring. I see what you mean though ,but there's usually a pivot clip or something to release it.

That piece doesn't push in, the plug doesn't come apart and the orientation is horizontal with wire closest to me so can't see whats holding it at the back

It certainly looks like the sensor plug is locked into the socket with the prong on the plug .

Now you know the area of the prong can you not get in behind the plug with a right angled pick tool to try and ease the socket open slightly whilst pulling the plug out.

K

It certainly looks like the sensor plug is locked into the socket with the prong on the plug .

Now you know the area of the prong can you not get in behind the plug with a right angled pick tool to try and ease the socket open slightly whilst pulling the plug out.

K
I'll be giving that a bash tomorrow, I'll let you know.

I'm also waiting on a guy I know who works/used to work at Merc Milton Street, hopefully he can shed some light...

Right guys,

That's me managed to get the connector off. My mate who I said works for Merc sent me this image, it's not the same as mine as I've got air suspension but it shows the far side of the connector.

I ended up having to use vice grips with an Allen key on the end to get the angle, couldn't get my finger into it.

Anyway, I wanted to post the answer to the problem incase anybody needs it in the future. Thank you all for your help, very much appreciated. 🙏

IMG-20230227-WA0035.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom