Absolutely amazing drive and Scottish GTG!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kbhogalW126

Car
'98 W140 S320
Folks.

I think I had one of the most enjoyable drives ever last night!

Yesterday morning I had my new Golf GT Tdi 2.0 litre DSG delivered.

It has "drive" then you can click it left to use it tiptronic stylee or you can click it down to "S" which I think is Sport mode.
Its amazing.

I drove from Sheffield to Just outside MOtherwell and it performed wonderfully for a "small" car.

I met Gangsta SE at Strathclyde Country Park and saw his White 300SE.

I must say, it looks really nice.

He has clear lenses front and back, beige leather, and this cool wee wooden steering wheel.

Really nice motor.

Anyways,

We thought we should have a Scottish GTG organised in the New Year.

So, all those North of the BOrder, if you can add onto this thread with names and where you are it would be appreciated.

We can then look for venues around the Homeland ;) .

BTW, our brothers and sisters who are dahn saff would be most welcome (if you don't mind the trek.)

TO start off, I'm thinking maybe Loch Lomond sides.

Lots to do, lots of hotels.

Maybe, we could do it on a bank holiday weekend?

Anyways,

Regards,

KJ

Scottish Gtg

Is there no one North of the Border who would be interested in this?

You need to give people time to reply;)

But it has to be said - a gtg over xmas and new year is not likely to be that well attended as peeps have other commitments.

But a gathring in Scotland sounds great, and not just for those north of the border;) !!

hi folks...just to follow up on kbhogalw126 point (and can i say kj was a top bloke) i think its overdew? that we had a gtg up this neck of the woods but if scottish weathers anything to go by the end of the year is probably not a good time BUT some time about. march,april would be better especially up loch lomond side ,stunning scenary if nothing else,and a nice drive, so lets think about it over the new year....cheers jt

pammy said:
You need to give people time to reply;)

But it has to be said - a gtg over xmas and new year is not likely to be that well attended as peeps have other commitments.

But a gathring in Scotland sounds great, and not just for those north of the border;) !!

Im up for it , but ill be turning up in a BMW :D

However , i agree that its gonna be tight over christmas and new year :) But if i can make it , ill be there....

Lets book it in provisionally for march/april?

Does anyone know if there are any Scottish and English Bank holidays in those months?

Apart from Easter that is - most people are busy then.

We can then work out a plan!

regards,

KJ:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think a Scottish GTG just another urban myth.

Any chance one of you fine fellows up there could try make some arrangements this year ?

kikkthecat said:
I'm beginning to think a Scottish GTG just another urban myth.

Any chance one of you fine fellows up there could try make some arrangements this year ?
Was speaking with Scumbag today and suggested a GTG at his new location. He seems quite keen. All we need now is more interest. I would travel up there.

Ooh Oban. Beautiful place. I can feel a trip to Balamory coming on.

Lots of things permitting - I could be interested.

Count me in!

Got loads of family do's coming up but I'm up for my first GTG!

Will be an excuse to eat up some miles!

count me i oban is a lovely sea side town or any other place in scotland 2

Is this thread still alive?

Would anybody like to organize a GTG up there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom