Abuse of pigs in abbatoir

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E CLASS

Every one of the workers identified should be sacked by the company if Defra can't be bothered / able.

Video Exclusive: Footage Shows Staff At UK Abattoir Punching Pigs And Burning Them With Cigarettes | UK News | Sky News

If a human was being abused and it was caught on covert filming it would be taken very seriously for example a care home was closed recently.

The owners should be heavily fined in addition.

I felt my stomach turn as I watched.

You mean they hurt animals in an abattoir?

You learn something new every day...

Well, strickly speaking they shouldn't hurt them

Put them to death, yes. But there should be no pain or suffering as the animals get stunned.

Unless Kosher or Halal of course.

Disgusting, I'm am never going to eat bacon again!

I'm converting to ham.

:rolleyes:

Well, strickly speaking they shouldn't hurt them

Put them to death, yes. But there should be no pain or suffering as the animals get stunned.

Unless Kosher or Halal of course.

Incidentally, Kosher and Hallal slaughter goes back many centuries, to a time when this was the only humane way of killing an animal (before stun guns and riveting guns were invented...). Those religions stipulated these method of killing precisely in order to ensure that animals do not suffer unnecessarily.

And the guillotine was invented by the French for the very same reason... the English method of chopping-off heads sometimes turned rather messy.

But to the point, I think there is a huge difference between using slaughter methods that can cause suffering, which to my mind is highly undesirable but just about acceptable, to intentionally and pointlessly causing sadistic pain to an animal, which is unacceptable under any circumstances and should be punishable by law.

Disgusting, I'm am never going to eat bacon again!

I'm converting to ham.

:rolleyes:

Your real name is Homer Simpson and I claim my prize!

Piggies are wonderful things and mistreating them is unacceptable. It seriously affects the flavour to start with. :)

Terrible.
To kill something so that you can eat is one thing... to goad, torture and hurt without reason is very very cruel.

Disgusting I would love to hit them with a bat!

As a very small aside to animal abuse which is absolutely rank. The workers should be fired for smoking in the workplace. That must be a breach of their company rules.

Unfortunately,people who work in slaughter houses over a long period of time,and witness,killing and blood and guts,become immune to it. The sight of blood etc,has no effect on them at all,animal or otherwise, I am not of course excusing the disgusting behaviour shown on the film but by todays standards,it would be necessary for those people,to recieve counselling at the end of every working day.

..however the authorities did prosecute an elderly lady for failing to have her dog put to sleep.

I have just been reading this, and it defies belief. I am afraid that I have long since been of the opinion that the RSPCA has lost the plot in its animal welfare aims.
Many years ago, I inquired about the possibility of rescuing a dog in the care of the RSPCA and was so incensed by the aggressive, antagonistic and downright rude interrogation by the rehomer that I ran a mile...
That dog didn't get the chance for me to give it a good home - perhaps someone else did a better job. Mind you, I have since gone on to give five other border collies long and satisfying lives...and have dealt with far more caring rehomers than I ever experienced with the RSPCA.:wallbash:

I have just been reading this, and it defies belief. I am afraid that I have long since been of the opinion that the RSPCA has lost the plot in its animal welfare aims.
Many years ago, I inquired about the possibility of rescuing a dog in the care of the RSPCA and was so incensed by the aggressive, antagonistic and downright rude interrogation by the rehomer that I ran a mile...
That dog didn't get the chance for me to give it a good home - perhaps someone else did a better job. Mind you, I have since gone on to give five other border collies long and satisfying lives...and have dealt with far more caring rehomers than I ever experienced with the RSPCA.:wallbash:

Have you ever tried contacting the RSPCA with regard to a wild animal that you have rescued or that may need help ? Don't bother.

Have you ever asked them for details of other charites or volunteers in your area that may be able to help when they can't or won't ? Don't bother.

Have you ever tried to contact them for urgent assistance out of hours ? Don't bother.

Have you ever been asked to give them money by someone waving a collecting tin at you in the street ? Don't bother.

Have you ever tried contacting the RSPCA with regard to a wild animal that you have rescued or that may need help ? Don't bother..

Actually, some years ago one of our kids found a baby ferret in our garden, nice RSPCA lady attended and took it away... not before we took some pictures of it with the kids.

I did ONCE re-home a splendid (and much missed) dog from the RSPCA.

However the hoops through which I had to jump were, frankly demeaning!

Once I had paid the money though.......

i say use the stun guns on them lets beat them with bats and eat them after lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom