AC Condenser - which manufacturer ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

6cyl

Car
CLS320 CDI
My CLS needs a new condenser.

I've looked up the part number, and A2115001154, A2115001254 and A2115001654 comes up as being compatible.
We all know they're made by someone else and there are also compatible units for sale too.

Which of these are reputable?
Ridex
Van Wezel
AKS Dasis
Thermotec
ERA
Profit
Bolk
Klokkerholm
NRF
Diedrichs
Prasco
Delphi*
Nissens
Vemo
Hella*
Trucktec
Mahle*
Frigair
Stark
Waeco

They range from £43 to £212. They're being sold by a German outfit under various portals, buycarparts.co.uk, auto doc.co.uk, onlinecarparts.co.uk etc
I have purchased Sachs clutch and intercooler parts from them in the past and were accurately described etc.

The ones asterisks I've heard of and are normally regarded as good quality and are often the OEM for the major car manufacturers.

So which one to go for? The cheapest one, the Ridex seems to have received very good feedback and it's the cheapest. But I'm not sure whether to trust it or not.

Last edited:
Probably any of them. If I was to choose purely based on brand. I would pick NIssens

Nissens or Hella would be what we would go for aftermarket if we had the choice. £43 sounds too cheap....

Natacha

Yes, £43 does seem quite cheap, it even comes with the dryer.

Nissen is about twice the cost, plus the cost of the receiver dryer.

thanks

I have just received a Hella condenser and dryer from Autodoc for my SL. I bought the Hella because my indy recommended them, I think MB branded items are Hella. From order date to delivery took 7 working days. I paid approx. £128 including delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom