AC control dead and speedtronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sshenton1975

Car
R129 SL500
Hi All

I have a 05 CL 600 biturbo. The dreaded gear shifter issue rose its head the other day leading the car to be difficult to get out of park.
Decided to fix it my self which meant takng out whole centre consol and disconnect everything
Put it all back together and at he time i think all was well
Been away all week and came back to a decharged battery. Put a starter pack on the battery and had two issues when the car started:
1) climate control unit is dead - no lights, no nothng
2) engine fan seems to be running constantly (switches off when ignition is off)
3) speedtronic go to dealer alarm (did find a disconnected distronic lead on back of console when i took it ou second time to check. Reconnected but warning still comes on

Ive checked fuses but all seem ok. Also took console out again to see if any wires off. All ok (ac unit has jst one multiplug?)

Cant decide if its something ive done when unit was out or if it could be caused by flat battery. Just surprised that ac unit is completely dead.

Any ideas??

Thanks

simon

Your best option is to have a Star diagnostic otherwise it is just expensive guesswork. MB can be sensitive to jump starting and the SAM units can be damaged by this, also low battery voltage can cause a number of problems.

Have you measured the voltage at the battery when the engine is on and off with no other load? It should be around 14.4V and 12.5V respectively

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom