AC pressure switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daveedge

Car
C32 AMG
Hi guys.

In addition to my my coolant fan not turning on thread I'm wondering if anyone can give me a definitive answer regarding the AC pressure switch.

Does there function effect the cooling fan turning on during normal cooling operation W/O ac turned on or only when ac is turned on?

I'm in the process of eliminating possibilities and I've come to a dead end due to the pressure switch in my condenser being seized on, if I have to replace it in order to get my fan to operate then it means I'll definitely need to replace my condenser also as its pretty much welded itself on boringly.

If it only effects ac fan engagement with winter coming up I can replace it as and when after winter and just live without ac working for the time being.

I just want my fan to work, can't believe how much of a headache this has caused, just assumed a fuse or module later and I'd be back in business...

Fitted it and still no fan engagement even with air con so pressure switch ruled out.

Sorry, only just found this thread.

If aircon pressure is low, the engine cooling radiator fan might come on after approx. 10 seconds after engine start. This is even if the engine is cold.
If there is zero gas in the system, the radiator fan doesn't misbehave in this way. At least, this is the case on my w212.

The cabin blower can inside the dash (usually behind the glove box) continues to work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom