acceleration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim Thornton

I have a c240 1998, v 6, the car seems to want to accelerate on its own if I hold the throttle at fifty mph for a while she will creep up to sixty if I blip the throttle she will stay there apart from this runs fine , hoping some knowledgeable member can help me.

I have a c240 1998, v 6, the car seems to want to accelerate on its own if I hold the throttle at fifty mph for a while she will creep up to sixty if I blip the throttle she will stay there apart from this runs fine , hoping some knowledgeable member can help me.

No Paul goes as normal

Well, whatever the Cruise control is doing, you should be doing that too!

Why can't you just back off the accelerator? After-all, maintaining speed is a closed-loop system, you close the loop by adjusting the accelerator to maintain a fixed speed, which will need constant corrections if it's to be done accurately (which is why nobody does).

I suspect there's nothing wrong, just the charisteristics of the engine's power delivery.. carry-on closing that loop and you can manitain 50MPH all day....

I gave the maf sensor a good clean also cleaned the pipework with a carburetor cleaner made a difference,ill give it a trial run later.thanks Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom