Accelerator pedal feels a little lose? or wobbly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Noticed after driving my car more in the past month than I have in the past 6months the accelerator pedal feels a bit 'lose'.

I tend to use cruise almost all the time but notice when using the pedal and holding it at a set speed it feels as though it 'clicks' as it springs back. I noticed looking at the pedal it does move side to side quite a lot?

Can this be tightend up or is there more to it than that.

Thanks

Common issue.

There is a plastic pin that the pedal pivots on. They wear out. I used to change loads under warranty. Get in there with a torch and have a look

So is there a metal pin the OP can replace it with? Or simply make one himself?

Accelerator pedal feels a little lose? or wobbly?

Can honestly say it has nothing to do with me. :dk:

Great,

Is a part I can get from stealers?

I did spot a little spring when looking at it the other day. What happens if it brakes (could it brake)

Is it an easy job? ie myself

Never even seen one never mind replaced one but looks easy enough.
B30015000127.0444.gif

Lynall

cant be as bad as my W123...

Driving along and the pedal went through the floor... A slight rust issue to deal with!

You should check what's really the problem. It would be dangerous if the accelerator pedal stocks. I'm using Mr gasket accelerator pedal. Nothing to worry about.

Welcome Brandon.

However, always look at the date of the post you are replying to.:thumb:

Since you've bumped this thread, I'll take the opportunity and ask about the pedal in my W124...

It's actually the opposite, and feels quite rough. If you want to floor it, you really have to push it hard to go down.

I've driven my friends W203, and the pedal is nice and soft.

Do I have the same "pin" that I could replace? Any part number? Links?

no you need to look at the throttle cable mechanism... I had the same issue and found a very tough spring... replaced it with a softer one and all was well.

Hi,
I had similar issues with my C230K it proved to be the throttle linkage itself. A good spray with carb cleaner and greasing and oiling of the various pivots sorted mine out.

I had my pedal out at the weekend, it's a little "sticky" and doesn't move in a smooth way, rather pressing it gently results in in moving suddenly and then stopping again. I cleaned and lubed the pins and where they fit top and bottom but it didn't cure it.

Jaymanek - on mine there's 2 springs as far as I can see, one on the pedal and one just forward of the bulkhead where it connects to a potentiometer - which did you change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom