Accelerator Pedal vibrates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spw648

Car
C Class
New C250 - new shape.
Has been in to dealership and I have had discussions with MB Service Centre but both quote the speed limit of 70 mph and they cannot test it ! Car is fine at 70mph

The pedal vibrates and sends a shudder up your leg at 85mph +
It gets worse the faster you go. MB say they have no test facility in UK?

I am now at the point where if I don't get some assistance soon I may have to take legal action against the MB retailer which I genuinely don't want to do, but equally I just want the car fixed.... love the car !!

Any thoughts, ideas, guidance, inspiration most welcome.

Are you sure it's not the wheel balancing off on the front right? Can't you feel it in the steering?

The pedal is electronic. It's no more than a volume control. It has no mechanicals that could be giving feedback like that. It must be elsewhere?

I am now at the point where if I don't get some assistance soon I may have to take legal action against the MB retailer

Interesting one. To do that I guess you'd have to demonstrate a need to exceed 70 mph legally (track driving, autobahn, etc.)? You couldn't admit to having identified the issue on public roads!

I agree with I-CONICA though ... it sounds like a vibration issue, is it not noticeable anywhere apart from the accelerator pedal?

No, the only vibration I can feel is in my right leg.
Steering wheel and ride appear to be fine.

It can't be the gas pedal. It's impossible. It's nothing more than what you'd plug into a playstation to play gran turismo.

I'd try getting the front wheels balanced.

Has been in to dealership and I have had discussions with MB Service Centre but both quote the speed limit of 70 mph and they cannot test it ! Car is fine at 70mph
I've been through a similar discussion with both a dealer and MBUK.

Bottom line is that unless they can experience the fault, their position is that no fault exists - which I can understand. The problem comes when a fault manifests itself only at speeds higher than are legal in the UK, as it can never be (legally) experienced on a public road in the UK.

I had experienced the issue (not the same as your problem, btw) while driving in Germany, and it only occurs at speeds in excess of 115mph. The best offer I could get from MBUK was that if I took the car to Germany again (at my own expense) and had a German dealer test the car, then if they found a fault it would be fixed under warranty. Frankly, while I understand and support their position regarding testing and diagnosis at illegal speeds on UK roads, I find it extremely frustrating that they have no facility to carry out high speed fault finding in the UK and basically wash their hands of the problem.

It'll be interesting if you do decide to initiate legal action against the selling dealer because one thing you'll have to do is provide evidence that there really is a fault. This will need a private facility and an expert witness which won't be cheap - a fact I'm sure MBUK rely upon.

Assuming tyres are in good shape and balanced you could try changing tyre pressures, this fixed a vibration for me.

As a rule I tend to go for lower pressure on the rears and higher on the fronts to maximise tyre life, current set on 30k miles and due a change in another couple of K.

I can't see it being the accelerator as there is no link to any moving parts really.. like the boys have said you could be looking at wheel bearing, tyre pressure etc.. it may even be if you have different tyres on front & rear?

I have noticed something similar (C200 AMG Line)

Although I thought it was me being paranoid to begin with.
Living in rural Suffolk I haven't had the opportunity to experience a long drive at motorway speeds to see how much of an annoyance it will be.

As others have indicated, I believe its a fixed vibration coming through the mounting of the pedal to the chassis.

I have noticed something similar (C200 AMG Line)

Although I thought it was me being paranoid to begin with.
Living in rural Suffolk I haven't had the opportunity to experience a long drive at motorway speeds to see how much of an annoyance it will be.

As others have indicated, I believe its a fixed vibration coming through the mounting of the pedal to the chassis.

So had a longer drive today, on a different 'private' road, with a better surface.
This time I had no vibration regardless of speed.

The only other difference were the shoes I was wearing.

If the tyres are not directional try swapping fronts left to right. If directional and equal size all round try swapping o/s front with o/s back.

I had an issue with my first E class with the steering, only evident when taking bends at a high speed. They couldn't diagnose it, so I took one of their techs out for a drive.

Always best to go on a road test with the technician.

Hi, I have similar problem with my 2016 w205 and pedal vibrates at 70 mph plus.. it's not a balancing issue because the car had had 2 sets of wheels plus tyres and mb Sheffield can't find what the problem is. Could it be a prop shaft balancing issue?

I have the same problem on a c250 AMG , can feel it in the pedal anything over 70.any ideas anyone?

Same fault also on my c220 amg... spoke to my local dealer and they say its characteristic of the car!! Not happy because its awful to drive at around 80mph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom