Accelerator pedal..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benlucas

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E55 Brilliant Silver Metallic
Went to press it yesterday and instead of surging forward, it hesitated then decided to creep (not dissimilar to having a knackered i/c pump) with the 'ASC - visit workshop warning' displayed in the dash. Managed to get it home OK, just no acceleration available. Car idles fine and revs fine at idle. Ignition off/on clears warning from display and ASC can be switched off/on. Have had car back from MSL for a few weeks now and want to enjoy the extra go!

Done a bit of Googling and this appears to be a (relatively common) TPS fault. Is it worth just buying another accelerator pedal assembly and swapping them out, or should I get it hooked up to STAR beforehand?

Also, is there one specific to the W211 E55 or will any one for a W211 that looks the same fit?

Thanks

Ben.

Hook up to Star beforehand or you will replace stuff unnecessarily

Also, confirm that part number of the part you need on EPC, or alternatively check the part number of the old unit.

Thanks guys - just removed my old one which states p/n A211 300 05 04

Thanks guys - just removed my old one which states p/n A211 300 05 04

Around £145 from Merc

Get it on star first!!!

Last edited:
Update: no faults found on STAR. They did however notice a blown fuse in the ECU which when replaced allowed the car to start. They ran it for a while whilst charging the battery but it has blown again. Further investigation tomorrow..

Any ideas as to what the cause could be?

Update 2: Been in touch with Acid @ MSL who has been very supportive. I sent him my ecu which he put back to standard (to see if it was the map causing the problem), plus he also cloned it onto a 2nd ecu and sent them back to me the next day. This was to try and isolate the ecu being the issue.

Tried them both this morning and whilst the car starts fine, as soon as the accelerator is pressed, the engine cuts out and blows fuse #58 (ignition coils). Replacing the fuse allows the car to start again. So it appears that neither the ecu or map are the issue. Spoken to my local Merc indy who will hopefully get to the bottom of it! They have also been pretty good to me i.e. they drove the car back with a supply of 15 Amp fuses and parked it outside my house. Acid was thinking possibly a short somewhere..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom