Access Buttons No Longer Skip Through Records.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 Pro.

In access 2003 it was possible to hold down the button to move one record at a time and fly through maybe a thousand records in a minute.

In access 2007 there doesn't seem to be such a facility an thus I am tapping away at the mousepad when I want to move back or forth by say 40 records.

Is there a facility to enable the button to shift through multiple records when held down.

TIA.

Paul.

hi
did you try the enter key?
I don't have 2007 here so this is a bit of a stab in the dark...

Sorry if I've misunderstood you, but is it possible to hold down the arrow keys to cycle quickly through records?

Sorry if I've misunderstood you, but is it possible to hold down the arrow keys to cycle quickly through records?

Hi Will, that is exactly what I am trying to do. A handy featre on previous versions but mising on 2007 Pro unless someone knows the secret. :)

Sorry, I meant the arrow keys on your keyboard rather than the arrow icons in Access. It's still very possible I don't know what I'm talking about, in which case ignore me :)

Sorry, I meant the arrow keys on your keyboard rather than the arrow icons in Access. It's still very possible I don't know what I'm talking about, in which case ignore me :)

Hi Will, the arrow keys on the keyboard will not operate the skip through records function (I did try it).

It just seems a step backwards from the later version of the software not be able to jump back and forth through the records.

maybe... just maybe you need to setup a macro for the arrow keys, with something like this behind it?

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext
or
DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acPrev

Also check here for some tips on keystrokes - they suggest up and down arrows - as opposed to left and right
Microsoft Access 2007 Keyboard Shortcuts

and as Stevesey says:
Navigate to another screen of data

To go down one screen.PAGE DOWN
To go up one screen.PAGE UP
To go right one screen.CTRL+PAGE DOWN
To go left one screen.CTRL+PAGE UP

Do page up and page down do anything?

Who's a clever boy then? :cool:

Many thanks Stevesey. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back