Access. Changing Vat back to 17.5%.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Hi everyone.

Last year I easily changed the Vat rate from 17.5% to 15% on our Access dbase.

However, since upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 a few months ago I don't know my way around this software as well as I used to. :doh:

It used to be just a case of going into the system parameters and chaning from there but now I can't seem to make the % change work.. :eek:

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Paul.

Last edited:
Hi Paul,

Just sticking my nose in again. But if you changed the VAT in the central database will it not also change VAT for the previous months when it was at the lower rate?

Sorry, that's of no help to your OP.

I have had to make a new column for VAT Rate in my sales and purchases table. So whilst I dont store the calculated VAT I do store the applicable rate at the time. :)

The VAT Rate table can then have as many rates as you like...

If your running VAT calculations using an expression then you have to find when that is run and directly change the code which may change all your VAT calculations, much harder.

I find Access 2007 easier to use than previous but in some areas it's hard to work out!!!

You may know of these...Access World Forums - Powered by vBulletin but I use them a lot...:)

Good Luck
Mark

But if you changed the VAT in the central database will it not also change VAT for the previous months when it was at the lower rate?

Thanks Will,

You'd think so, but luckily the % change takes place from the the day the edit is made.

At the moment I have one record showing 0% VAT and another showing a Gordon Brown pleasing 750% VAT.

Thus:
Sub total £100.00
VAT @ 750% £750.00
Grand Total £850.00

It could happen one day.. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Paul.

Last edited:
I have had to make a new column for VAT Rate in my sales and purchases table. So whilst I dont store the calculated VAT I do store the applicable rate at the time. :)

The VAT Rate table can then have as many rates as you like...

If your running VAT calculations using an expression then you have to find when that is run and directly change the code which may change all your VAT calculations, much harder.

I find Access 2007 easier to use than previous but in some areas it's hard to work out!!!

You may know of these...Access World Forums - Powered by vBulletin but I use them a lot...:)

Good Luck
Mark

Thanks for that Mark, I'll have a look at the Access forums. :thumb:

Cheers,

Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom