Access to rear number plate lights - 2005 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebiglad

Car
'05 CLK270 cdi
Hi all I'm starting to go through my new to me 2005 CLK 270cdi and I've noticed one of the rear number plate lights is intermittent/no working.

There are no screws holding it in place and it doesn't want to come out so I can check it - so what do I do, any ideas/brain waves ????

Trim removal tool to unclip it? - I haven't tried to take mine out and it's raining at the moment, but that's how the boot light came out.

Trim removal tool to unclip it? - I haven't tried to take mine out and it's raining at the moment, but that's how the boot light came out.
I used a flat-blade screwdriver to remove the plastic clips holding the boot-lid liner in place. Was then able to see the inside of the number-plate lights, which are bolted in place.

Ran out of light last night so going to carry on this morning. I suspect the stud/nut fixing also serves as an earth, implying that's it's a lttle bit loose.

Anyway, upwards and onwards, all being well it'll be resolved this morning.

Cheers all.

So, just been at it a bit more and it's not quite as easy as I thought. The bits I saw bolted in were in fact the 3rd brake assembly not the number plate lights. :mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, both lights are currently working and I have a life to live, so all I need to know now is how to remove the large painted plastic section of the boot lid, that supports the number plate. There's no screws/fixings visible that shows how it's fixed in place. Also, number plates over here are riveted on and thoroughly done on the back, going through all the four dimples !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom