Access to the private vaults of the MB Museum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't know how many enquiries they get (and therefore quite how thick-skinned they are in refusing them!), but normally museums react well to polite and well-structured requests from groups.

I say "groups", because it's not worth anyone's time to open up for individuals, and guide them round (for which read: follow them closely to make sure they don't mess).

A Mercedes-based club or group would obviously have the best chance. The enquiry needs to be "structured", in the sense that it is clear on what is being asked of the museum - how many people attending, of what sort of age, arriving how and when, expecting to do what, and expecting to stay how long. If arriving by car, how many of those would be Mercedes, and how many would be "classic" enough to appeal to other visitors. (Museums can often want to set aside prime parking for such visitors, as the parked cars themselves form a display.)

I imagine that collection is at another location.

As mentioned the main museum is excellent and it will take you a long time to get round that! We've been twice so far.

I don't know how many enquiries they get (and therefore quite how thick-skinned they are in refusing them!), but normally museums react well to polite and well-structured requests from groups.

I say "groups", because it's not worth anyone's time to open up for individuals, and guide them round (for which read: follow them closely to make sure they don't mess).

A Mercedes-based club or group would obviously have the best chance.

Has this forum ever organised a trip to the museum? I, for one, would be interested in going [emoji14]. Am planning a trip to the factory and museum in March after I've picked up my new car (as the M-B organised factory pickups for UK cars are no more)

The enquiry needs to be "structured", in the sense that it is clear on what is being asked of the museum - how many people attending, of what sort of age, arriving how and when, expecting to do what, and expecting to stay how long. If arriving by car, how many of those would be Mercedes, and how many would be "classic" enough to appeal to other visitors. (Museums can often want to set aside prime parking for such visitors, as the parked cars themselves form a display.)

Has this forum ever organised a trip to the museum? I, for one, would be interested in going [emoji14]. Am planning a trip to the factory and museum in March after I've picked up my new car (as the M-B organised factory pickups for UK cars are no more)

Well volunteered :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom