Access to washer bottle on GLC 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trevglc

Car
GLC
Hi All
I have a 2016 GLC which has gel/gunk in it which I need to remove as the washers do not work, pump working, jets unblocked so need to clean the tank out but haven't a clue how to access the bottle, any ideas, thanks

If it's like many other MB's, you may well find it's hidden behind the front of the front NS wheel arch liner, so a PITA to get to. Can you push a hose a long way down the filler neck, turn the hose on full and make a mess on the driveway to flush lots of the bottle contents out?
Also look under the scuttle on the OS to see if the washer pipework is accessible and has a plastic plug in the end, pull the plug out (It'll be tight!) and pump air/water back down it.

Reactions: Ted
We had the same issue - in the end we separated the water hose under the bonnet from the washer jets.
Took cap off water bottle, made sure it was full.
Then very carefully attached a can of aerosol air used for camera cleaning - then blew air in reverse, back down into the bottle. We have had to do it twice, then no issues. Has been 9 months and all good.
Seperating feed hose from jets difficult, used hair dryer to carefully heat hose then pulled apart.
we also did the hose trick of filling and try flushing bottle, but air reversal did the trick.
Good luck.

You could have a go with these? Suck and fill/rinse a few times and try to suck from the bottom of the tank?

Thanks.
Dealer has modified washer tank - I think removed some of the fine filter and flushed tank as well.
Suggested I use MB washer additive as it has an alcohol so potentially to kill off growth - not cheap compared to Auto store, but have purchased and will see how it goes. They did suggest only putting in 1-2lt at a time , so always near fresh water, not the 10lt plus the tank has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom