Accessing C/L pump on a W124 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ms500

Banned
I need to access the comfort relay and Central locking pump on my W124 estate, I believe they are under the rear seats.

The only thing is, there doesn't seem to be any join in the carpet where I can lift it up, how do I get to the pump?

I think if you lift the plastic sill covers at the base of the door aperture ( just pull upwards and they will pop off.-you can access the carpet clips. You might have to remove the seat squab pivots/brackets also not sure

They're not easy to get at on the estate. Remove the kick plates as Grober says and you may be able to get a hand in there. The pump is encased in thick foam and is below a small hump in the carpet on the nearside

I can't remember ever removing the whole carpet but, if you need to do it, you'll have to unbolt the belt stalks because they bolt down through the carpet. You also need to remove the black trims round the base of the rear seat pins - they have a hook so push them down, pull them away and they'll pop off

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

the link above is for a saloon - not an estate.

I've done this and as Bolide says, you need to:

- remove the "kick plate" trim
- pull away the door seal enough for access
- take off the rear seat base
- remove the rear seat belt buckle fastenings
- remove the plastic trim around the "seat hinge"
- pull carpet up carefully

this will provide enough access hopefully.

If not you need to remove the other side of the seat, along with the seat belt buckle fastenings and then peel the whole of the carpet up.

The comfort control relay is on the passengers side. So both sides of the carpet need to be moved. It might be easier to do as has been suggested and lift the complete rear carpet area.

yes the comfort relay is on the passenger side, and the pump on the drivers side (in more or less the same opposite position).

I would just remove the seat bench and all the belt mounts and pull the carpet right back if you need to access both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom