Accident 2 months ago :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merty

Car
Mercedes S
sorry the below is a long story , right let me get to the point. My first day at my placement job i had a small accident. Basically I was on the roundabout and one taxi driver was in front of me. I slightly barely touched his bumper. So the guy comes out and the only word he says it that him & his friends neck hurts. So I calmly said to him to drive down and park somewhere sensible so we can discuss. So we did, he got out I got out and i said how are you doing mate , his reply "Im fine but my friends neck hurts" so I giggled to myself and i said lets look at the cars. So we did, there was no damage on my car, or his car. I basically touched his taxi license plate the yellow one and even that didn't have a scratch on it. In the meantime his so called friend comes out the car and pretends to have neck aches. So I just gave my details and so did he so we walked off.

Now I parked up at work, and as i am walking towards the entrance i see the same taxi dropping his beloved friend off. So I just minded my own business and walked along. Then the so called friend of the taxi driver was casually jogging past me in to the building going through security gates saying hello to other staff.

After a week i got a call from my insurance company saying that i have been in a accident.So i said yes i did touch his bumper but i know for a fact that there is no damage. So they sent out an engineer, he looked at my car and then they looked at the other car.

Long story short :) I have now received a letter saying that the claim will be going forward and that they will be paying out for damages and personal injury.

Now the catch here is that.
The so called friend is a passenger, he works at my place and i see him everyday since that day. And i haven't noticed any pains which he claims he is having, the motherfu**er is healthier than me:D
The taxi driver - i see him now and then with the same vehicle.

I took couple pictures on the scene which is time and gps stamped. The engineer has gone out to take a picture of their car after 7 weeks. Between the pics there is a considerable difference. Basically the guy has broken some Part of his car on purpose within the timeframe when te enginner took 2 months to go there.

What do i do now, ive already told this to the claims department that this is a scam. How can i cope with this do you have any ideas ?

thank you for taking your time to read this. .

Its down to the insurance company and whether they want to investigate it more or just pay out and peanilise you.

I had the same thing many years ago. between my lighty toughing the back bumper and the 3rd party getting home his car was written off... wtf

(some) Taxi drivers are the biggest scam artists going when it comes to rta's and claiming.

Why not video the claimant and send that to the insurance company?

Have you told your insurance company what you have put on here? I mean about working with the "injured" party and the pictures you took at the time.

I would be fighting them tooth and nail because you know for a fact when your renewal comes through it will be double if not treble the amount.

I would be fighting them tooth and nail because you know for a fact when your renewal comes through it will be double if not treble the amount.

Why will it, it's just a claim.

If you can prove to your insurer through the photos that the other driver is not telling the truth about the damage his car sustained in the crash (no need to actually blame him for breaking bits on purpose, you don't know that for fact anyway), then they will classify his claim as suspected fraudulent and will deal with it differently.

Have you told your insurance company what you have put on here? I mean about working with the "injured" party and the pictures you took at the time.

It'll go up either way - you need to inform your insurer about incidents, at fault or otherwise...

And don't forget about your other accident.....

I did tell them a number of times but they will not understand I have decided to go through the other bodies to make this problem
Aware.

I did tell them a number of times but they will not understand I have decided to go through the other bodies to make this problem
Aware.

Have you reported both accidents?

IanA2 said:
Have you reported both accidents?[/QUOTE
Yes yes I have the first one was with my old car athe second is with the merc, and they are fully aware of all Incidents

I've added reluctantly a dash cam this year to try to have some protection against this sort of thing. I would have difficulty remaining calm in this sort of situation.

Tell your insurers, send them the photographic evidence you have and cooperate in any investigations and legal actions that follow.

Def send your pics and your personal report to your insurers. Avoid accusing anyone of lying, but state the facts simply so they can see that the nature of the accident (leaving no photographic damage to the car) is unlikely to have caused the soft tissue trauma the other parties are claiming. The photo will also be useful if it shows no damage at the scene compared with damage on the engineers photo which the claimant says was as a result of the accident.

From recent experience of a genuine rear end shunt at the end of last year at speed on motorway it's not simply a case of make a claim and get a payout. The system, whilst still flawed, is changing to try and reduce fraudulent claims...

The driver and passenger claiming personal injury will need to go to an independent doctor (appointed by your insurer) to assess their injuries.
This will be in a few months and in the meantime they will need to fill in paperwork confirming the accident, their injuries, what they have done with regards treatment (visit GP/A&E) and ongoing treatment/claim (medication, time off work etc). They will then need to confirm seperately that their claim is not fraudulent in writing.
When they see the insurance appointed Doctor he/she will ask them what happened, to describe the damage to the car and will then examine them. All the time they will be asking questions about their pain, frequency, impact on their home and work life etc.

Given there was no damage to the car, it was low speed and neither chap appears to have stopped working as a result of their injuries it will be interesting to see what the Doctor makes of it.

*If* either of the chaps claiming to be injured is a 'normal' bloke thinking they have a chance of a quick couple of grand then they may well get cold feet as the paperwork starts rolling in.
If they keep their nerve and go to the Doctors - the Doctors report may not be in their favour.

All iffs and buts I know, but don't assume just because your insurer is allowing the claim to proceed that it will end up in a personal injury payout.

I think it's awful when people claim for neck pain from an insurance company Merty, as I am sure you are aware, money will not make it better, hang them I say, that'll sort the neck out!

It isn't your decision whether to fight the claim or not. Your insurer will make that decision and all you can do is make them aware of any ADDITIONAL information or factors not obvious to them. It's out of your hands after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom