accident at mini roundabout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick.ged

Car
mutty the nail; wide body amg 124 coupe
say a person was approaching a mini roundabout, turning right, indicator on. say a stupid person coming the other way in a rush didnt see the person turning right, and failed to give way. imagine the right turner seeing the failure was to stop. if the stupid person was to carry on and drive across the front of the right turner, but scrape the side of her car on the front of his, who would the beek consider was at fault?

it would be the person who was in a rush, you always give way to the right, if person A is already on the roundabout turning right then person B is at fault.

In the US they have 4 stop junctions. Everyone must stop and then proceed with caution, each driver giving way or seeking way from another, or other drivers. At mini r'about its the same. Make very very sure you know what's going on. Often everyone will stop and look at each other and then proceed with agreement.

it would be the person who was in a rush, you always give way to the right, if person A is already on the roundabout turning right then person B is at fault.

+1

Simple and clear cut as above : it matters not whether person who came onto roundabout from left scraped the front of the car coming from their right or ran into the side of it , the result and the liability is the same . Rules on a mini roundabout are just the same as a 'normal' one .

say a person was approaching a mini roundabout, turning right, indicator on. say a stupid person coming the other way in a rush didnt see the person turning right, and failed to give way. imagine the right turner seeing the failure was to stop. if the stupid person was to carry on and drive across the front of the right turner, but scrape the side of her car on the front of his, who would the beek consider was at fault?

obvious innit.. :devil:

In the US they have 4 stop junctions. Everyone must stop and then proceed with caution, each driver giving way or seeking way from another, or other drivers. At mini r'about its the same. Make very very sure you know what's going on. Often everyone will stop and look at each other and then proceed with agreement.
My own personal rule - give way to anything that looks like it would otherwise hit you. Of course the converse also applies, which often means I'm the one breaking the deadlock if the other two drivers stop and a 3 way mini-roundabout.

I believe every State has their own Vehicle Code.

In California (& everywhere I else I drove over there) it's actually first to arrive, first to leave, giving way to vehicles on the R if they arrive at the same time as you.

The golden rule is if in doubt wait for an indication from other drivers.

Always give way to women on a roundabout who are putting on makeup whilst holding a telephone conversation and telling off their kids...:rolleyes:

she first said that she was late for hair appointment, only thing worrying person A is it was a mini roundabout, he said to her at the scene 'dont you give way to the right like everyone else in UK? she replied i didn't see your indicator, later in statement she said he said 'sorry i meant to go straight on, but panicked, and turned into you!!! what clap trap, then claimed for nearly 10,000 injury's and loss of earnings, then offered to go 50-50 when his solicitor pointed out her wrongdoings re roundabout rules. looks like a court apperance in sept oct time...

[S-TAG]she first said that she was late for hair appointment[/S-TAG]

and

[S-TAG]good luck m8, but it should be cut and dry [/S-TAG]

:doh:

Or cut & blow dry since she was on way to hairdressers :D

I believe every State has their own Vehicle Code.

In California (& everywhere I else I drove over there) it's actually first to arrive, first to leave, giving way to vehicles on the R if they arrive at the same time as you.

The golden rule is if in doubt wait for an indication from other drivers.

Yep, 1st one there has right of way at 4 way stops. There is a 4 way stop here somewhere now, saw it either in Auto Express or BBC news online sometime this week.

Kate

The four way stop in Calofornia works very well. One of my sisters lives out there, and when I mentioned this to her, saying it would never work in London her reply was

"It works because the person you cut up may have a gun"

The four way stop in Calofornia works very well. One of my sisters lives out there, and when I mentioned this to her, saying it would never work in London her reply was

"It works because the person you cut up may have a gun"

I found them to be a complete PITA.

You are required to come to a complete stop, even when you have a clear view & can see nothing coming. A rolling stop, known as a California stop, will get you a ticket, a fine and a lecture. Ever tried to get through a 4 way stop in rush hour when every car must pull up to the line & stop dead? :wallbash: Even in a residential area it takes ages.

Roundabouts are a gazillion times better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom