Accident in car on PCP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But you need to speak to your insurer too. Also, just because they start the ball rolling doesn't mean they have accepted liability yet.
You may find after weeks of hire cars and repair bills they wiggle, they did with me. That is when my insurer jumped in and I presume sorted it. But with insurance you really need to be 100%.

We retruned an S Class with damage repair and they didn't say anything. It had been pulled and painted and was not perfect. That was a few years ago now.

Their insurance company contacted me to organise repair and car hire so I take it that means they have accepted full liability. Should be getting something in the post today to confirm it all.

Apologies for delay. Here's an update:

Yes, my insurance company know that the car is on PCP. My wife is the registered keeper, MB Finance is the registered owner.

So initially, I was getting our car repaired through our insurance company along with the hire car.
But the following day, the at fault party's insurance company called us and told us they will take car of getting our car repaired and organising a hire car. So I'm going down that route.

This will mean I need to cancel the claim through my own insurance company.

But here's something that really annoys me. My insurance company were happy for me to have a hire car (like for like), but when I explained I'll be parking the car at an airport whilst we're on holiday, they said I can't do that.
Apparently their Ts and Cs state I cannot park the car in an airport carpark!!!
Has anyone heard of this before?

Why not see if they'll supply a hire car from one of the companies which has a branch at the airport - then the car can be handed back during the period you're away and another picked up on your return - that should be a saving over having a hire car for the full period - most insurers deal with the mainstream hire companies .

If the other guy is with Direct Line , like Abcan's assailant , you can get Winston Wolff to sort it out .

Last edited:
Why not see if they'll supply a hire car from one of the companies which has a branch at the airport - then the car can be handed back during the period you're away and another picked up on your return - that should be a saving over having a hire car for the full period - most insurers deal with the mainstream hire companies .

That's a good idea I'll suggest it. Failing that I'll just use the car for the airport and then book it in for the repair after we return.

If the other guy is with Direct Line , like Abcan's assailant , you can get Winston Wolff to sort it out .

Not with Direct Line so the Wolf would give me a:
"On your bike, buster!"

Handing a hire car in to the company at the airport would also save you having to pay airport parking charges !

Handing a hire car in to the company at the airport would also save you having to pay airport parking charges !

I know, its a really good idea. I'll call them tomorrow to see if it's possible.

I know, its a really good idea. I'll call them tomorrow to see if it's possible.

That's what I did some years ago. Dropped one hire car off at Heathrow as I went on hols, then picked up another one in Southampton on my return. Not due to an accident, just between company cars but it worked a treat. I didn't have to pay parking charges and the company saved on the hire costs.

That's what I did some years ago. Dropped one hire car off at Heathrow as I went on hols, then picked up another one in Southampton on my return. Not due to an accident, just between company cars but it worked a treat. I didn't have to pay parking charges and the company saved on the hire costs.

Good move.

I guess if they refuse to do it for me I'll just ask them to give me a hire car to sit idle in a car park for two weeks.
Or if they insist I can't take it to the airport, I'll ask them to cover cost of airport taxi service from my house to airport, and back.

What you guys have suggested actually makes a lot of sense from their perspective (and as a bonus, mine too).

Ok so all seems to be sorted.
I'm in the hire car now. We take it to the airport and hand it in there.
On our return we pick up another rental to come home in.
All really simple, so far a top notch service from them.

Which is more than can be said for my insurance company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom